Sponsored

Buying Mopar lift from dealership - correct part and price?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yep, there's a guy with a 2021 JT that lives pretty close to you. He's pretty good with tools too. You and he might end up running into each other and developing a friendship and I bet you could both help each other out. I don't think he's a TV repairman, but he's got an ultimate set of tools.
Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Aren't the 4dr springs stiffer? I know that Rubicon Express says you can put their 4dr lifts on your 2dr, but expect another 0.5-1" of lift from what's advertised. And in my experience, most lifts already give you more than advertised unless you have steel bumpers, winches, on-board tools, etc.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I could see a dealer voiding the lift due to running 4dr lift on a 2dr.

i bought mopar lift at first but sold it due so many people complaining about the ride quality. I ended up getting Dynatrac lift and am very happy with the ride quality. Ive see people selling them used for half of new.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Two things to consider (and that pushed me away from the MOPAR lift) is that it's 2" on a Rubicon. For a Sport, you're likely to get closer to 3-3.5" of total lift ... which is good (more for your money), but also means that your stock tires (even 33") are going to look a bit silly. Like your Jeep skipped leg day. There are threads upon threads on this forum with photos to prove this out.

So....unless you're going to 35's, I personally would say that the MOPAR lift on a Sport is a mistake, because it's going to push you over a waterfall of additional "stuff"....

- Looks stupid with 33's, so now you need 35" tires = ~$2,500+
- 35's are heavier, which means you need a tailgate reinforcement = ~$300+
- 35's require more force to turn, so your Sport 3.45 gears suck, so you need to regear = ~$2,000

It goes on and on and on. Again, this is just my POV, but based on what I've read on this forum, and my other research, going up to 35's is a tipping point, especially on a Sport, that triggers a bunch of other [costly] things. You'd do better to pick up a Rubicon take-off suspension for a couple hundred and install that (or have a shop install it if you're not capable). Half the price and you'd get enough lift to feel it + full factory warranty (all MOPAR parts) and your 33's won't look stupid.

I have a Sahara, but I'm currently planning to stick with 33's for as long as I can, cause I don't have the ~$5K that it seems like 35's are going to require to do them right.

Someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong with their own research, so this is just my $0.02
You can do wheels a tires cheaper, no need for tailgate reinforcement as long as you extend the bump stops to keep the spare from excess movement, and the stock gears are more then fine with the auto. I fully agree 33’s look to small with the mopar lift.

Sponsored

JayDudya

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche 911, 2022 JLUR
Seems a little high. We charge $1,800 for lift and install. You do have to pay the extra $100 for alignment though.
Where in MO are you located? I'm in the STL area, have a MY22 on order and will be looking to purchase/install a lift within a few months after I get it.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I'll also drop in to say that instead of giving the dealer $600 to install it, you'd be better served now and in the future to go spend that $600 on a good set of tools and learn how to do it yourself.
  • Jack stands and a floor jack
  • Good set of wrenches/sockets
  • An impact wrench and some key impact sockets
  • Some mechanix gloves and/or a bottle of The Orange Soap
  • A torque wrench
Literally that and access to YouTube and half a brain are all you really need. Don't be scared of your vehicle - there's no magic or rocket science to it. Just knowing what to unscrew and remember to screw it back properly.

Find your local Jeep club and you're sure to find someone who's willing to help you in exchange for a six pack.
except for the floor jacks and what beer you drink, I'm ready...

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
$1500 bucks is way too high for a Mopar lift when you factor in what does not come with it, that you’ll end up buying to make your Jeep ride correctly.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll also drop in to say that instead of giving the dealer $600 to install it, you'd be better served now and in the future to go spend that $600 on a good set of tools and learn how to do it yourself.
  • Jack stands and a floor jack
  • Good set of wrenches/sockets
  • An impact wrench and some key impact sockets
  • Some mechanix gloves and/or a bottle of The Orange Soap
  • A torque wrench
Literally that and access to YouTube and half a brain are all you really need. Don't be scared of your vehicle - there's no magic or rocket science to it. Just knowing what to unscrew and remember to screw it back properly.

Find your local Jeep club and you're sure to find someone who's willing to help you in exchange for a six pack.
Definitely this^^^…… super easy, I’ve installed over a dozen Mopar lifts, takes me around 2.5-3 hours, but I’m getting old and don’t bounce up off the concrete like I used to……and you DO NOT need an alignment. Biggest rip off ever…….. there’s absolutely nothing you’re doing that you need an alignment for……..
good luck brother.

Last edited:

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
or could it be that you're just UNlucky?

seriously; you seem rather focused on spreading Doom & Gloom, mate. life's not roses all the time, but if you look for the worst, you're likely to find it.
alternatively, polite insistence and persistence will go a long way when you're in the right.

Consider yourself lucky. Next time it may not be so easy.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
ok, so will need to ask if that price includes alignment...btw, do I need software change/update...lol, or whatever I mean? ty
You do not need an alignment if you install the Mopar lift. There is nothing to align on a stock Wrangler of Wrangler with Mopar lift. The only thing you can adjust set is toe, and toe does not change with the Mopar lift install.

Let them do the Mopar lift install for $600 (not such a bad deal), then buy an adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket and install it yourself. That is perfect first DYI project for a new Wrangler owner. you can do each in 1/2 hr with the Jeep on the ground.

Good luck.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Granted this was a year ago but my dealer did the Mopar lift on my JLURD for 1400 installed. Also threw on my already bought wheels and 37" tires. I did pay for the Mopar recalibration for 125 and not really needed but it includes a warranty specifically for the lift. I've wheeled this set up a good bit and the on road ride is excellent. Cannot complain about the Mopar lift at all.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
If you're feeling inclined, go to Facebook marketplace and buy a set of used Mopar lift kits, I've seen them for $500-$800 bucks used (shocks + springs).

Then find someone locally on the forum, who would do it for free over a 6 pack beer.

If you were in NYC, you can pull into my driveway and I can do it for free over a saturday .

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
If you're feeling inclined, go to Facebook marketplace and buy a set of used Mopar lift kits, I've seen them for $500-$800 bucks used (shocks + springs).

Then find someone locally on the forum, who would do it for free over a 6 pack beer.

If you were in NYC, you can pull into my driveway and I can do it for free over a saturday .
That's pretty cool RIC. Your offer reminds me so much of the motorcycling off road community. Us off roaders are a tight knit group.
Sponsored