Buying first Jeep Wrangler Sport S

aventerra01

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So I did a "what if" order invoice at my local dealership for a Sport S with the following add on features:

• Side Steps $395 (im very short lady)
  • Black hard stop 3 pc $1545
  • technology group $995
  • 3.6L V6 VVT eTorque Engine $750
  • 8 Speed Automatic Transmission $2500
  • Added an $995 dealer addendum for tinted widows (???)
and as a 2022 Model at base price without taxes came up to $40,755.

Kelly Blue Book estimates around $38k. Obviously seems like I'm definitely overpaying, but with the current shortages etc etc, I'm not sure what to expect anymore. Should I try another dealership or is this all going to be the same at this point since it's being ordered? What are some ways to negotiate this down?

Is KBB reliable in our current economy?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
So I did a "what if" order invoice at my local dealership for a Sport S with the following add on features:

• technology group $995

Kelly Blue Book estimates around $38k. Obviously seems like I'm definitely overpaying, but with the current shortages etc etc, I'm not sure what to expect anymore. Should I try another dealership or is this all going to be the same at this point since it's being ordered? What are some ways to negotiate this down?

Should be able to get 87% from MSRP from a volume dealer. A good deal would be between $35k and $37k, IMO. It'll take anywhere between 3 and 4 months rough guess.

You will need to travel quite far though, so it may negate most of that savings at such a low MSRP.

In PHX area it'll be tough get more than 1% back from invoice -- or about 92% from MSRP.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S

• technology group $995

My daughter, 5'4", has a sport S: I'll base my thoughts on these facts and you can make your decisions.
1) save some money & forget the side steps, there ore others out there that offer the same, if not better stepping ability/side damage (I bought my daughter a set of these side steps) in all truth, she doesn't even need them (or even use them to enter exit her jeep), even with the larger rubicon tires. what she absolutely loves about these particular ones is that she's actually watched people slam open their door into her jeep: each time she's checked, she has ZERO body damage & can see marks on the others' doors where they hit her steps.
2) as far as options, I'd check on the cost of having your windows tinted locally by a reputable shop: 995 seems a bit high for window tint considering the only ones that aren't really tinted (or barely) are the front windows and the windshield.
3) you don't say if you have storage room for your top or if you plan on running topless, but if no storage place availabe, perhaps look into the besttop sunrider: I"ve got one on my '20 rubicon & was just getting ready to buy one for my daughter for christmas. the sunrider makes it so much easier to at least enjoy a little fresh air without having to mess with the freedom panels..opens or closes in about 10 seconds, as opposed to taking 5 or 10 minutes to remove/store or unstore/install the freedom panels

cost wise, do some research as there are plenty of threads of dealers offering "below invoice" or "below MSRP" pricing: you may have to travel an hour or 2, but if you can save money, won't it be worth it?

OP
OP

aventerra01

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Should be able to get 87% from MSRP from a volume dealer. A good deal would be between $35k and $37k, IMO. It'll take anywhere between 3 and 4 months rough guess.

You will need to travel quite far though, so it may negate most of that savings at such a low MSRP.

In PHX area it'll be tough get more than 1% back from invoice -- or about 92% from MSRP.
This quote is from Tempe Autoplex near Ahwatukee. Not sure if these are solid leads, but someone on the forum here posted a map reporting dealerships that have sold under MSRP. Might take a look at the dealership out in Gilbert. If push comes to shove, might take a look in Prescott.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Way too high$$....keep looking and screw them for their to scam you on window tint. In my area that is done for 65$ a window....not a grand!

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
You can get the whole Jeep tinted for $250-300 at a reputable shop, using 3M Color Stable. It's an older tint, but still rock solid and has a lifetime warranty.
Sponsored