4 door rubicon in sting gray is nice

Jolene 13a.jpeg
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I say go for one of the fun colors. A Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that you can get away with having a “loud” color. I originally bought a black Sahara but ended up trading it in for a bikini pearl rubi. The unlimited (4 door) is more practical and looks better than the 2 door in my opinion. I def wouldn’t go without leather interior, remote proximity keyless entry, and the LED package. I’m happy with my Bikini pearl but I’m not sure why I didn’t get Punk’n metallic. I personally love my dark saddle leather interior too.

56FEDE95-312E-4CDF-B1B9-2F3C0814C48B.jpeg

4F9D8EE2-E52E-419B-BC61-7A88E4F1D950.jpeg

CE117CC0-F292-4939-92E7-3B27FABC02C5.jpeg
Thanks for the pic of the back seats , I was wondering what color they were ! :facepalm:

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Hey jeep peeps,

So I convinced the wifey to take my JLU sport and I'm pulling the trigger on a Rubi. What color should i get and should i keep 4 doors or buy a 2 door shorty. Please help a fella out with opinions and pics

Thank you
Hella Yella 4 door. Most unique color. 4 door is more useful, higher resale value, much less sketchy up and down really steep hills, rides better on highway, and still has a perfectly adequate break-over angle with 35s and a little lift.

HellaYella - 1.jpeg

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Hey jeep peeps,

So I convinced the wifey to take my JLU sport and I'm pulling the trigger on a Rubi. What color should i get and should i keep 4 doors or buy a 2 door shorty. Please help a fella out with opinions and pics

Thank you
Since your wife has the SUV (4 dr jeep), get a jeep 2dr rubi.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Definitely get the alpine 8,4” infotainment upgrade........you’ll enjoy and appreciate it EVERY time you drive the Jeep.
The LED light package is worth the expense also.

DO NOT pay for the Steel Bumper Group. The steel bumpers are good looking....but so are the plastic covered bumpers.
The steel bumpers are weak...thin sheet metal and they bend, deflect and contact your Jeep body if you try to push or pull using the bumper.
Save your $ and buy good aftermarket steel bumpers that can be REALLY used.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
4 door, much more aftermarket parts if you're going to modify. Personally I think it looks more proportional as well.

As far as color, sting gray of course!!!

f34l9Z8.jpg

bd4ZMpw.jpg

6IvYVqq.jpg

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Hella Yella 4 door. Most unique color. 4 door is more useful, higher resale value, much less sketchy up and down really steep hills, rides better on highway, and still has a perfectly adequate break-over angle with 35s and a little lift.

HellaYella - 1.jpeg
I love the retro aesthetic with the Hellas and those Wheels. Giving me ideas when the time comes to upgrade. I was kind of thinking that vibe but with modernized parts (Round LED's instead of the square pods or Halogens, Those retro wheels, etc)

Sponsored

breen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
4 door, much more aftermarket parts if you're going to modify. Personally I think it looks more proportional as well.

As far as color, sting gray of course!!!
Covered in dirt, proper!

We went ocean blue, but string gray was our #2 choice. So good!

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I love the retro aesthetic with the Hellas and those Wheels. Giving me ideas when the time comes to upgrade. I was kind of thinking that vibe but with modernized parts (Round LED's instead of the square pods or Halogens, Those retro wheels, etc)
Thanks! That is exactly the vibe I was going for - how old school and functional can I make a modern Jeep feel? Steelies are really tough and can be banged back to round with a rock, hatchet or hammer if you badly hit on on the trail. They are heavier than some other choices, however, so if you are going to choose really heavy tires, you might consider the look-alike white alloys that Quadratec just released. I have a set of them, but have not yet installed them (Covid19- no wheeling etc.). I will probably keep the steel ones and maybe mount a ridiculous set of trail tires to them for occasional use.

The story on the Hella 170s is a sentimental one. That pair of lights were installed by me and my dad on the first car we ever worked on together. When he got rid of the car he kept them and when I got the JLUR he gave them to me. In actual point of fact they are not super bright compared to modern lights, but sentimental value, a timeless look, and their name matches the Hella color, right?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
4 door, color...Well

Alien Tops.jpg
I think if I didn't do ocean blue I would've done green. Sadly at the time, they didn't have the green with the green hardtop anymore. That was a deciding factor. I almost went with bikini blue lol.
Sponsored