Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Hey jeep peeps,

So I convinced the wifey to take my JLU sport and I'm pulling the trigger on a Rubi. What color should i get and should i keep 4 doors or buy a 2 door shorty. Please help a fella out with opinions and pics

Thank you
I've been blessed with 6 2 doors, and 2 4 door models over the years. I will never go back to a 4 door. They are great don't get me wrong... but a 2 door gives me the true jeep feel my soul craves (my first choice would be a TJ)... 4 doors have great space but they are big. I vote 2 door. As for colors.... my favorite one for me so far is black (I know its basic but thats bc gecko green isnt available).... just choose what makes you feel bad a$$ driving it.
At the end of the day... if you've got a jeep, you're already one lucky ducky!

Here's the last 4 door I had. I loved it... then I got bored of the "cuteness" factor and I wasn't removing the shamrocks.. now I'm still in limbo on how to personalize my black rubi.... jeeps are GREAT!
ENJOY BEING A 2 JEEP FAMILY! FAMILY GOALS....

20200411_093851.jpg
Sponsored

hawgwld

First Name
Hawgwld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Here is ours. Wife picked Bikini Pearl. I have to admit I liked it after I saw it and there are not many around here. I would have liked the diesel, since it is her daily it was not as practical for her. Diesel is not available at ever station we use.

IMG_0685.JPG

Sponsored

HellaYella

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2dr (first Jeep ordered 2-7)
Vehicle Showcase
Before you invest in a Rubi research issues with the infotainment system, radio low volume, blue screen backup camera. One year and 2,700 miles of frustration sold mine.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
What we like should not matter. Get the color you want most. I always like the military inspired colors. Sarge Green just became available. Sting Gray is awesome. I wish Gobi or another tan was available. You can't go wrong with any of the "fun" colors either. No bad choices.

You have a 4-door already. Maybe try a 2-door.

I am biased towards 2-door models. I own a Granite Crystal Metallic 2-door Rubicon and would buy another 2-door the next time around. I love the look, compact size, the short wheel base and maneuverability.

I HIGHLY recommend these options:
LED headlights (Best headlight I have ever had on any vehicle)
8.4" Infotainment w/ Alpine (Larger screen is nice, the Alpine is worth it alone)
Proximity Door Locks (A lot of people regret not getting this and adding it is not easy)
Tow Package with HD electrical and most importantly the Auxiliary switches (Makes wiring a breeze)

Check out the Rubicon based Recon. It's good value IF you want the options it has. You save a little cash also because they bundles options.

Have fun deciding and building your Rubicon!
I agree that the LED headlights are very good.
What we like should not matter. Get the color you want most. I always like the military inspired colors. Sarge Green just became available. Sting Gray is awesome. I wish Gobi or another tan was available. You can't go wrong with any of the "fun" colors either. No bad choices.

You have a 4-door already. Maybe try a 2-door.

I am biased towards 2-door models. I own a Granite Crystal Metallic 2-door Rubicon and would buy another 2-door the next time around. I love the look, compact size, the short wheel base and maneuverability.

I HIGHLY recommend these options:
LED headlights (Best headlight I have ever had on any vehicle)
8.4" Infotainment w/ Alpine (Larger screen is nice, the Alpine is worth it alone)
Proximity Door Locks (A lot of people regret not getting this and adding it is not easy)
Tow Package with HD electrical and most importantly the Auxiliary switches (Makes wiring a breeze)

Check out the Rubicon based Recon. It's good value IF you want the options it has. You save a little cash also because they bundles options.

Have fun deciding and building your Rubicon!
I agree the the LED headlights are very good. So are the taillights and particularly the brake lights which are quite important in being seen by others. Highly recommend the auxiliary switches if you are going to add anything electronic. Aftermarket switches stick out like a sore thumb. Donā€™t have Alpine but the basic sound is so soā€”there is distortion in the speakers.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I ended up getting Blk because no one had the stingray gray when I bought mine but I love the blk also!

6B0E8E33-BBED-4266-A3CE-F758DB9CBEEF.jpeg

20BD3667-90B2-44F5-A069-597BCA7B56F0.jpeg

A2D24F34-E955-455F-AE70-0EB85B5B1257.jpeg
Great looking! Black always looks awesome. It's the best color for many vehicles. For the first few minutes after a wash anyways. lol.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Before you invest in a Rubi research issues with the infotainment system, radio low volume, blue screen backup camera. One year and 2,700 miles of frustration sold mine.
And mines been absolutely flawless for a year and a half. Gee I guess one cannot draw a conclusion from one persons unfortunate incident when they make 22K a year. Go figure.....

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I say go for one of the fun colors. A Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that you can get away with having a ā€œloudā€ color. I originally bought a black Sahara but ended up trading it in for a bikini pearl rubi. The unlimited (4 door) is more practical and looks better than the 2 door in my opinion. I def wouldnā€™t go without leather interior, remote proximity keyless entry, and the LED package. Iā€™m happy with my Bikini pearl but Iā€™m not sure why I didnā€™t get Punkā€™n metallic. I personally love my dark saddle leather interior too.

56FEDE95-312E-4CDF-B1B9-2F3C0814C48B.jpeg

4F9D8EE2-E52E-419B-BC61-7A88E4F1D950.jpeg

CE117CC0-F292-4939-92E7-3B27FABC02C5.jpeg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I owned my JLR for about 13 months. Have the 8.4" Infotainment with Alpine and electronic noise canceling. No issues so far.