3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Hi guys

So I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and need some straight up no nonsense advice.

So Im new to the states, I havnt bought a car here yet, so the whole process is obviously a bit different to what im used to. I want to get a 2 door JL when they are available and basically just dont want to get screwed, not knowing the ins and outs of dealing with dealers.

I see lots of threads on MRSP and Invoice price and sticker price and this and that. How should I go about negotiating price with the dealer and what can I expect in terms of discount from what I see when i use the configurator on the website?

Thanks
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Hi guys

So I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and need some straight up no nonsense advice.

So Im new to the states, I havnt bought a car here yet, so the whole process is obviously a bit different to what im used to. I want to get a 2 door JL when they are available and basically just dont want to get screwed, not knowing the ins and outs of dealing with dealers.

I see lots of threads on MRSP and Invoice price and sticker price and this and that. How should I go about negotiating price with the dealer and what can I expect in terms of discount from what I see when i use the configurator on the website?

Thanks
Here is a good overview.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/pricing-basics-for-new-car-buying.html

You will be able to buy the JL(U) below invoice price. At a minimum (with very little effort), you can sign up for Tread Lightly for $100 and get the 1%-below-invoice affiliate pricing.