Sponsored

Buying a new 2019 vehicle in early 2020

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW i3 REX, 2019 Wrangler Sport
I finally made the jump and got my first Wrangler off the lot, a leftover 2019 Sport 2 door, white with tan interior.

$35,270 window sticker
$27,897 purchase price
21% off with no trade in and no financing

6 cylinder, auto, a/c, hard top, tow and aux switches, XM radio, and ...... floor mats. It basically fit what I was looking for in a min spec Wrangler. It will be the kayak and camping vehicle for my two little dogs and I. They are terrified at the height of the vehicle right now. I think once I get them in there and the top off they're going to love it.
Sponsored

Myka L

First Name
Myka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I finally made the jump and got my first Wrangler off the lot, a leftover 2019 Sport 2 door, white with tan interior.

$35,270 window sticker
$27,897 purchase price
21% off with no trade in and no financing

6 cylinder, auto, a/c, hard top, tow and aux switches, XM radio, and ...... floor mats. It basically fit what I was looking for in a min spec Wrangler. It will be the kayak and camping vehicle for my two little dogs and I. They are terrified at the height of the vehicle right now. I think once I get them in there and the top off they're going to love it.
Everyone getting sick deals now. Is it always like this? 21% off sticker is roughly 18/19% off invoice.

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Everyone getting sick deals now. Is it always like this? 21% off sticker is roughly 18/19% off invoice.
Mine was almost 23% off MSRP, and 20% off invoice. Thing is, you have to want a lower-spec Jeep. That really gives the buyer a bit of extra leverage when it comes to final deal price.

Since I'm going to mod the heck out of it, wheel it in the woods, etc...the lowest possible purchase price was the best way to go. Then, when I scratch up the paint off-road, it won't hurt as much:)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It's actually unusually rare for Wranglers in particular. As-in it's never ever happened before for Wranglers. Far from everyone getting 21% off either. Especially if you are looking for a exact match for what you want. You pretty much have to be pretty open about color. model, engine, options. Great deals IF you can find something that works for you. You really can't go wrong if you can find something you can live with.

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW i3 REX, 2019 Wrangler Sport
It seemed to me like the bigger percentages off were mainly on higher priced vehicles where they have larger margins in the addons, or vehicles equipped with the turbo 4 that some people have reservations with. I definitely wouldn't expect this at every dealership, I ran into plenty that wouldn't even move down to the 5-7% off invoice pricing range on 2019 models. I guess some dealers are fine with holding on to 2019's well into 2020.

They pumped out a ton of them, so deals were bound to happen. The Bronco could help keep that trend alive. I considered holding off, but at this price I'm hoping I can drive it a couple years without eating a huge loss when it comes time to sell.

Sponsored

OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up not taking the original I was going to buy for $34,000. Long story.
New dealership and current deal I pay $500 less ($33,500) and yet I will get the hard top instead of premium soft top, got the cold weather group, got the convenience group, and gave up the floor mats. Ended up 20% off MSRP and they barely put up a fight. I probably could have gotten even more off. Although were no black ones left so I got silver.

The Jeep site is amazing for checking local inventory. They are starting to run low on selection.
Now they told me the car I bought was in a fender bender after I got the insurance and financing.
Weird stuff.
Two cars I had agreed to prices on fell through by the dealer.
They had the same car with a 2.0L they would give me same price on but that is not an engine I want.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now they told me the car I bought was in a fender bender after I got the insurance and financing.
Weird stuff.
They had the same car with a 2.0L they would give me same price on but that is not an engine I want.
Did you already do the paperwork or is that still pending? How much damage was the "fender bender"? Dealers have to disclose damage if it is more then a percentage of the MSRP. I think 4%-6% or something?

OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Did you already do the paperwork or is that still pending? How much damage was the "fender bender"? Dealers have to disclose damage if it is more then a percentage of the MSRP. I think 4%-6% or something?
We agreed on price over the phone. I sent my drivers license and got insurance sent to him. Then I filled out the online form for Chrysler financing. I didn’t leave a deposit or get anything else from them other than text messages.

He offered me a more expensive car. Didn’t even leave it open that I could have this one after a repair. Personally, I think he is lying and it was sold.

I’m thinking of getting a bicycle at this point.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We agreed on price over the phone. I sent my drivers license and got insurance sent to him. Then I filled out the online form for Chrysler financing. I didn’t leave a deposit or get anything else from them other than text messages.

He offered me a more expensive car. Didn’t even leave it open that I could have this one after a repair. Personally, I think he is lying and it was sold.

I’m thinking of getting a bicycle at this point.
Something does not sound quite right? Are you 100% positive the online form you filled out was a legit site for Chrysler Financing? Assuming there was no identity theft, they probably sold it out from under you. Or a bait and switch.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
Weird stuff.
Wow that sucks!
Did you see this one? I belive they are taking 20% off MSRP on 2019's
https://window-sticker-services.pse.dealer.com/windowsticker/jeep?vin=1C4HJXDG6KW683404

https://www.fitzpatrickschryslerjee...Jeep&model=Wrangler&sortBy=internetPrice+asc&

Sponsored

OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Something does not sound quite right? Are you 100% positive the online form you filled out was a legit site for Chrysler Financing? Assuming there was no identity theft, they probably sold it out from under you. Or a bait and switch.
Yeah, it was the same site the other dealer had me fill out. Ironic.

jawsATL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Granite Metallic Sahara
I am curious what your thoughts are on getting a good deal when buying a new 2019 now, in early 2020? As opposed to getting a new 2020.

The base model pricing seems to have risen $1,000 for the same configuration from 2019 to 2020. Additionally the dealer discount on websites for 2019 ranges from between $3,000 and $5,500 off MSRP. And website prices are opening offers. In my area the dealerships will give opening offers between $1,000 and $1,500 off MSRP on 2020s. Assuming I find the configuration I want. I doubt I could get more than $2,000 off the MSRP on a 2020.

For resale, yes I am getting a vehicle that is technically a year older, but on the other hand, selling it after 5 year will have the mileage divided by 6 to get annual mileage.

I never fully understood how dealers price cars and their true cost etc. I assume they want to unload the 2019s ASAP. I see at most 3 new 2018s within 25 miles of where I am and I live in a dense population area with a bunch of dealerships in that radius,

For what it is worth I am looking for a 4 door unlimited S Sport, 4 Door, with only add-on being the technology package and unfortunately an automatic transmission. (Wife)
I bought a new 2019 JLU Sahara on Jan 23rd, 2020 and got a great deal. I think its smart to get the deal on the previous year model if its not a big re-design. I got mine for about 2K-3K less than a comparably equipped used model with 10K-15K miles on it. Jeep had some good manufacturer incentives.
Sponsored