Buying a Jeep in Canada - Specifically Ontario

DanOfTheNorth

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
I am going to be trading in my 2014 for either a 2019 or a 2020, and it will probably have to be a factory order because no dealerships seem to have the specs I am looking for combined with Ocean Blue.

When I purchased the 2014 Rubicon, it was a I NEED A VEHICLE NOW situation. However I am far from that boat now.

Having read a ton of threads on purchasing in that forum … does the information from the US hold true in Canada? Should I be going to the highest volume dealer for the best rate?

Will they discount beyond the Chrysler Advantage Plan Control Number (discount available through my work)? If YES, will they discount on factory orders or just on what they have on their lot?

If I should be looking for highest volume dealership to maximize savings … which dealership in Ontario should I look into? Driving and talking to anyone, my range is Niagara Falls to London, as far north as Vaughn and as far east as Scarborough. Having talked to a variety of dealerships, there are not many that have impressed me. Two weekends ago I was all set to put a deal together for a sting grey until I saw a few Ocean Blues sitting at one dealership and that has changed my mind huge.
Sponsored

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
I am going to be trading in my 2014 for either a 2019 or a 2020, and it will probably have to be a factory order because no dealerships seem to have the specs I am looking for combined with Ocean Blue.

When I purchased the 2014 Rubicon, it was a I NEED A VEHICLE NOW situation. However I am far from that boat now.

Having read a ton of threads on purchasing in that forum … does the information from the US hold true in Canada? Should I be going to the highest volume dealer for the best rate?

Will they discount beyond the Chrysler Advantage Plan Control Number (discount available through my work)? If YES, will they discount on factory orders or just on what they have on their lot?

If I should be looking for highest volume dealership to maximize savings … which dealership in Ontario should I look into? Driving and talking to anyone, my range is Niagara Falls to London, as far north as Vaughn and as far east as Scarborough. Having talked to a variety of dealerships, there are not many that have impressed me. Two weekends ago I was all set to put a deal together for a sting grey until I saw a few Ocean Blues sitting at one dealership and that has changed my mind huge.
A bunch of us dealt with Erin Chrysler Dodge, in Mississauga. Mustafa was our salesperson, but I believe he’s gone now. It might be a good place to start.

Last summer, we got invoice pricing, with no admin fees. There may be more deals to be had now, though.

Karmic.Shift

First Name
Stephen D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude | 2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am also on the same boat and have the exact same questions. I am looking into factory ordering a JLUR this spring.

torch2k

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I ordered mine through Peel Chrysler in Toronto. They are supposedly the highest volume dealer in Canada and gave me what I believe to be a great price so I'm travelling from NB to pick it up hopefully next weekend. $3k under invoice price? Will report back after I get it in my hands to let you know if they try to pull any tricks on me.

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
I got the Advantage Plan discount on a factory order plus another $1000 loyalty discount for owning a 2015 JK that I financed through FCA. That was with Wendells in Kitchener.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanOfTheNorth

DanOfTheNorth

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
I ordered mine through Peel Chrysler in Toronto. They are supposedly the highest volume dealer in Canada and gave me what I believe to be a great price so I'm travelling from NB to pick it up hopefully next weekend. $3k under invoice price? Will report back after I get it in my hands to let you know if they try to pull any tricks on me.
Please let me know how it turns out as out as they are one of the dealers I have spoken to recently.

torch2k

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Here's the price I got from Paul K - really nice, older gentleman. Remembers me every time, "hellllllo meestor smeeth" lol.

2.0T Auto Sahara JLU with most options. no towing, no leather, no smokers group
$58195 MSRP
$10911 Discount
$851 in admin fees, licensing & fuel
$48135 +tax Final Price

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
I factory ordered my JLUR using the advantage plan and my dealer knocked off the admin fee on top of that.

MO JEEPO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I put together my factory order and shopped it around had 8 dealer quote me a price and 5 dealers would not play that game with me.
In the end my order went to the best quote which was Silvia @ Vaughan Chrysler and the funny thing was they were the closet dealer to where I live. I also avoided all the sales tactics and extras that dealers will try to push you on.

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
Hey Guys, I cover this stuff on my new Canada-based YouTube channel called CheaperJeeperTV.

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door

I went to Wellington Chrysler in Guelph. I avoid their service guys but there is a true Jeep guy (Dave Schneider) who will take care of you - takes you through all the options, your intentions (ie: daily driver or weekend toy), etc. Extremely knowledgeable about Jeeps. I believe he is also with the Tri-City Jeep club as well.
Sponsored