Buying a Jeep in Canada - Specifically Ontario

1. DanOfTheNorth

DanOfTheNorth Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Jeep Wrangler
    Liked:
    I am going to be trading in my 2014 for either a 2019 or a 2020, and it will probably have to be a factory order because no dealerships seem to have the specs I am looking for combined with Ocean Blue.

When I purchased the 2014 Rubicon, it was a I NEED A VEHICLE NOW situation. However I am far from that boat now.

Having read a ton of threads on purchasing in that forum … does the information from the US hold true in Canada? Should I be going to the highest volume dealer for the best rate?

Will they discount beyond the Chrysler Advantage Plan Control Number (discount available through my work)? If YES, will they discount on factory orders or just on what they have on their lot?

If I should be looking for highest volume dealership to maximize savings … which dealership in Ontario should I look into? Driving and talking to anyone, my range is Niagara Falls to London, as far north as Vaughn and as far east as Scarborough. Having talked to a variety of dealerships, there are not many that have impressed me. Two weekends ago I was all set to put a deal together for a sting grey until I saw a few Ocean Blues sitting at one dealership and that has changed my mind huge.

2. ResponsibleAdult

ResponsibleAdult Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
    Liked:
    A bunch of us dealt with Erin Chrysler Dodge, in Mississauga. Mustafa was our salesperson, but I believe he’s gone now. It might be a good place to start.

Last summer, we got invoice pricing, with no admin fees. There may be more deals to be had now, though.

3. Karmic.Shift

Karmic.Shift New Member

First Name:
    Stephen D.
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude | 2015 Mustang GT
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I am also on the same boat and have the exact same questions. I am looking into factory ordering a JLUR this spring.

4. torch2k

torch2k Member

First Name:
    Phil
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Sahara
    Liked:
    I ordered mine through Peel Chrysler in Toronto. They are supposedly the highest volume dealer in Canada and gave me what I believe to be a great price so I'm travelling from NB to pick it up hopefully next weekend. $3k under invoice price? Will report back after I get it in my hands to let you know if they try to pull any tricks on me.

5. Gbart

Gbart Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Gord
    Vehicle(s):
    15 JKR *Firecracker*, 19 JLUR *Mojito!*
    Liked:
    I got the Advantage Plan discount on a factory order plus another $1000 loyalty discount for owning a 2015 JK that I financed through FCA. That was with Wendells in Kitchener.

6. OP
    OP
    DanOfTheNorth

DanOfTheNorth Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Jeep Wrangler
    Liked:
    Please let me know how it turns out as out as they are one of the dealers I have spoken to recently.

7. torch2k

torch2k Member

First Name:
    Phil
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Sahara
    Liked:
    Here's the price I got from Paul K - really nice, older gentleman. Remembers me every time, "hellllllo meestor smeeth" lol.

2.0T Auto Sahara JLU with most options. no towing, no leather, no smokers group
    $58195 MSRP
    $10911 Discount
    $851 in admin fees, licensing & fuel
    $48135 +tax Final Price

Karmic.Shift likes this.
  8. maguro

maguro Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle(s):
    Punk'n JLUR
    Liked:
    I factory ordered my JLUR using the advantage plan and my dealer knocked off the admin fee on top of that.

9. MO JEEPO

MO JEEPO Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I put together my factory order and shopped it around had 8 dealer quote me a price and 5 dealers would not play that game with me.
    In the end my order went to the best quote which was Silvia @ Vaughan Chrysler and the funny thing was they were the closet dealer to where I live. I also avoided all the sales tactics and extras that dealers will try to push you on.

Aramis76 likes this.