BUYERS BEWARE...3.0 Diesel...JeepDOESNTCare

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Who cares?
You may.

Often, violating the agreement allows the other party to sue for damages and other legal remedies.

A great example of this is that Huey Lewis sued Ray Parker, Jr. in 1985 or so claiming that the theme song "Ghostbusters" was a direct lift from "I Want a New Drug."

The lawsuit was settled with Lewis receiving a financial settlement but also with the agreement that the lawsuit would never be discussed by either party.

From Wikipedia:

Shortly after the film's release, Huey Lewis sued Ray Parker Jr, for plagiarism, alleging he had copied the melody (primarily the bassline) from Lewis' 1983 song "I Want a New Drug". The case was settled out of court in 1985 for an undisclosed sum and a confidentiality agreement that prohibited discussing the case. According to Parker, Jr. there were several lawsuits at the time, because "when you sell that many records, I think everybody wants to say that they wrote the song." Parker, Jr. later sued Lewis for breaching the confidentiality agreement in a 2001 episode of VH1's Behind the Music, by reasserting Parker, Jr. stole the song. Regarding his case against Lewis, Parker, Jr. said, "I got a lot of money out of that."​

The Subaru agreement explicitly states the agreement will be confidential and secret and that you will not expose or communicate the underlying dispute.

By posting the letter, you just did all that.
Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Any update from OP on this?

As for delete kits, can they really be made illegal?

Even if they are, I remember reading something in school about Prohibition, where there were instructions of exactly what NOT to do if you didn’t want grapes to ferment :)

If you did remove the troublesome components I guess the trick would be to reprogram the computer to not miss them?

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
problem is the same with any new vehicle setup. the first ones have issues that need to be debugged. after the first year things will be great.

like i'm sure issues will come up with the 392's and jeep will work them out after the first year or so.

the eco 3.0 has been out for a while on other vehicles. just give it some time.

sorry for the OP having to go through this and getting so disgruntled over the whole situation.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
The answer is to look at your owner's manual, it outlines the lemon law process.

For GM, GM made an agreement to have arbitration handled through the BBB's AutoLine program.

When I went through it, GM was friendly and was willing to bend over backwards… if I withdrew my BBB complaint.

However, since I did not they refused to have anything more to do with me and claimed my issue was "buyer's remorse."

GM was given one last chance to repair my vehicle and was instructed to provide me with a rental car.

The repair attempt failed and the BBB ruled in my favor.

GM had to repurchase my vehicle and no lawyers were involved, at least on my part; the process was completely free.
GM first told me I had no case but I pursued. In the end they bought my vehicle and paid retail on my trade in which they didn’t want to but Florida lemon law clearly states they must. They played hard ball. Kept throwing curbs. I waited them out. Got my home run and walked out. Sad how they lied and tried to intimidate me.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
GM first told me I had no case but I pursued. In the end they bought my vehicle and paid retail on my trade in which they didn’t want to but Florida lemon law clearly states they must. They played hard ball. Kept throwing curbs. I waited them out. Got my home run and walked out. Sad how they lied and tried to intimidate me.
Same here.

Their attitude soured me so badly I won't ever purchase a GM vehicle again.
Sponsored