First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Ouch. You are long on the subject matter, but short on bedside manner. Did I miss a post where he said something incredibly offensive to you?
I have seen many cases where people have spent wads of money chasing something that could have been addressed with more rational approaches. Many of such started by bad advice from an acquaintance egging them on as they had no skin in the game. Lemon law is not easily and quickly settled unless there is a glaring set of circumstances. If you find an attorney that will take a lemon law case for contingency then there are damages beyond vehicle replacement potential.

My bedside manner: direct and no bullshit.
Bad bedside manner: being a know-it-all, giving stupid advice, buying popcorn and watching the shit storm you just caused.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Oh yeah, there's a ton of consumer law attorneys that will take a Magnuson-Moss/Lemon Law case on a contingency basis (if they think they can win.) I settled on one such case as well. There's a whole lot of Federal out-the-ass testimony going on here.
Not only win, recover all of their costs and produce a profit. Not easy with lemon law cases unless there are glaring issues.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I’ll say this much as one having gone through a lemon law buy back in Florida and having won. Attorneys are free if you follow the entire process. Each state is unique. Lots of hoops. Be willing to jump and don’t listen to the manufacturer. GM tried telling me I had no case. BBB did the same until I read the law to both and then both agreed. Oddly I expected BBB to be on my side but my experience showed otherwise. Do know this. Both must follow the law. Read it. Digest it. Stick to the process and if you have a valid case then it should work as expected.
Yup here is another member who got a lemon law attorney for no money up front. It is very common, just check in your area. May not be available everywhere with no money up front.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Not only win, recover all of their costs and produce a profit. Not easy with lemon law cases unless there are glaring issues.
States have well-defined conditions (aka 'glaring issues') that must occur in well-defined time-frames. So yes, an attorney is going to make sure that all the boxes are ticked before taking the case.

Jeep Wrangler JL BUYERS BEWARE...3.0 Diesel...JeepDOESNTCare CaptainObviousThisIsAMeme

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My bedside manner: direct and no bullshit.
I think we've all taken that approach from time to time. I'm certainly guilty of it, but I've found that it rarely served me well. I'm talking about the part that you've characterized as "direct" (I agree with the no BS part). Perhaps you've had better luck.

Sponsored

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
You really shouldn't give out any advice! You obviously don't know how the lemon law works but there are details that more than a third grade education could understand! There is no big check for "exchange of silence" as that would be extortion. Lemon law attorney's are not free and will not take a case on contingency! Each state has variances to the lemon law and I suggest that the OP digests the content before following some horse's ass advice. What would I know.....oh, I was a federal prosecutor for about a decade.

Go do something contructive!
WRONG. I’m in the lemon law process for my pos 2018 Sahara. My lawyer took it on a contingency, ie: I pay nothing if I don’t win. FCA will be ordered to pay attorney fees. Also, non-disclosure agreements are used in civil suits from divorces to class action... This is pretty standard fare. Oh, and I have dealt with judges, defense & prosecuting attorneys (civil and criminal, federal and state) for over thirty years.
You are correct though; You really shouldn’t give out any advice.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
The manufacturer pays for them. You call around until you find an attorney that will do it pro-Bono. Which is actually easy to find because you have a slam dunk and they will know it. They laws are pretty cut and dry.

I went through this all with a Subaru WRX STI that i got new and then heavily modified. Even with heavy modifications they lost. Ended up being a main wiring harness issue where it went through the firewall 2 wires rubbed bare and when they would occasionally ground out the car would throw all sorts of weird codes.

They had the car for 3 months, I sued them and won, they had to pay all attorney fees, give me a rental for the entire time, pay my payment in the car I couldn’t drive and insurance premiums, as well as I got a check for $10,500 and got to keep the car.

It was a sweet ass deal and filing the lemon law suit was like a 15 minute ordeal 100% over the phone, email them some documents and wham bam thank you ma’am!
I like to hear when someone wins one! Nice!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a little different. To GM a repaint is as good as factory paint and I will argue with anyone that thinks it is at a GM dealer. If you have a mechanical issue its cut and dry for the most part if they try to fix it within the allotted times. It is still a pain in the butt you can get it done. Paint falls under the value category. My argument was that a repainted 85k Corvette will not hold the same value as a not repainted one. GM disagreed and the fun began. Yes, I could have done this myself but owning a business I have other things to worry about like making sure all the families of my workers have a roof over their head and I take that very seriously. It is 2:50 AM EST and I can't sleep knowing I have to make sure I figure out a way to get through this COVID-19 and my employees and their families can sleep at night without worrying about a paycheck.
GM knew the first time they looked at the car they would lose but they will try to wear you out. As for calling everyday, I did and left messages every time. Talking to a real person involved in your case is impossible.

I just wanted to make it clear to the people who want to go the lemon law way it's not as easy as you think. If they have the time go for it but don't miss anything or you WILL lose even if it's a slam dunk case. All manufacturers are the same and have all the lawyers they need to look for a out. I started my case in June 2019 and just dropped the car off at the dealer March 17th 2020. I paid $84,233 for the car and GM had to cut me a check for $96,441 because there are things like trade in value and time that you will never get back without a lawyer that knows what they are doing.

In the end it's funny. If GM would have given me a new car like I wanted back in June 2019 it would be worth about $51k right now with the new C8 dropping the values of the C7's but they paid sticker plus for mine. It will go to auction with a marked title and they will be lucky to get 35k for it. They should have just taken it back, put it in their fleet of corporate cars and depreciated it off then sold it at auction with a clean title. :)

The moral of the story don't think a manufacturer will do the right and smart thing.
I had 2006 Trailblazer SS that when downshifting it would essentially drop into neutral. made on ramps fun. Dealer fought me. GM fought me. I used BBB lemon law process as I kept detailed records. part of BBB process is a rode along to proove the issue exists. lets just say that the BBB people were less than thrilled when it downshifted and was like in neutral. I could openly rev it like in park or neutral when on the highway when it would downshift. What I thought was an easy win ended up a nightmare. instead of the buyback (i would habe lost quite a bit of money) I settled for lifetime warranty, then sold it myself. fast forward to 2018 and 2019 with Jeep. I had my 2018 bought back due to the early frame weld issues and my 2019 bought back for a number of issues it had. both were much easier, and fair. FCA has the buyback process down pat. the way they do it, these are not "braded" lemon law, and then they fix and sell. my guess is FCA finds it more profitable to do this voluntary buyback over the lemon law formal process. My 2020 JLUR was trouble free for the year I owned it, and I will be buying my 4th JLUR soon. while dealership service does suck, they seem to have the buyback thing down pat.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Yup here is another member who got a lemon law attorney for no money up front. It is very common, just check in your area. May not be available everywhere with no money up front.
Didn’t get an attorney. Just followed the rules set out by my state. Which included getting free legal assistance were I to complete all the steps and the manufacture still didn’t resolve my issue. All states are different. Can only speak of Florida. Wasn’t that complicated. Did however take considerable amount of my time.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Didn’t get an attorney. Just followed the rules set out by my state. Which included getting free legal assistance were I to complete all the steps and the manufacture still didn’t resolve my issue. All states are different. Can only speak of Florida. Wasn’t that complicated. Did however take considerable amount of my time.
In Arizona I got an attorney for no money down. They took their payment out of the settlement and got nothing if we lost.

It was very easy about a 15 minute phone call, send them the requested documents over email which took a few minutes, and signed their documents.

All together probably an hour of work, maybe two tops.

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
In Arizona I got an attorney for no money down. They took their payment out of the settlement and got nothing if we lost.

It was very easy about a 15 minute phone call, send them the requested documents over email which took a few minutes, and signed their documents.

All together probably an hour of work, maybe two tops.
In Florida one must first go through a series of steps before getting the same option you received. In the end. Same result. Some states just complicate it.

Greek1980

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited rubicon
Update:

Today the dealer tech started my Wrangler to drive into service bay...NO THROTTLE!!!
Had 17 codes stored...mostly EGR related. The tech emailed FCA @ 9:30 AM. Finally...FCA responded @ 4:00 PM “we got your correspondence”...that was all.

Another day gone by at a dealership.

No response from JeepCares on this forum...another joke

Called CustomerCare 800 # about my case started last Friday...”So sorry”... but nothing else

Contacted selling dealer (who has done nothing wrong)....asked them to start the lemon-law buyback process.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Yeah Jeep customer care sucks. They do nothing for you....

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The answer is to look at your owner's manual, it outlines the lemon law process.

For GM, GM made an agreement to have arbitration handled through the BBB's AutoLine program.

When I went through it, GM was friendly and was willing to bend over backwards… if I withdrew my BBB complaint.

However, since I did not they refused to have anything more to do with me and claimed my issue was "buyer's remorse."

GM was given one last chance to repair my vehicle and was instructed to provide me with a rental car.

The repair attempt failed and the BBB ruled in my favor.

GM had to repurchase my vehicle and no lawyers were involved, at least on my part; the process was completely free.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
By posting this you just violated the agreement, regardless of what information you blacked out.
Who cares?
Sponsored