Sponsored

BUYERS BEWARE...3.0 Diesel...JeepDOESNTCare

Repairable1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6, 2016 JKU Rubicon HardRock LS 6.2, 2019 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Powerstroke 4x4
OK. I have sat back long enough. I have 1458 miles on my JLUR 3.0 diesel. I am traveling the NASCAR circuit towing my Rubi. With 800 miles on my Jeep, I pull up to a stop light on a 55 mph road. Light turns green, cars approaching rapidly from behind, hit the foot pedal...It doesn't go...OMG. Finally it starts to creep ahead and then after approx 100ft it takes off. This goes on for the next 10 stoplights. Las Vegas dealership picks it up. Says "plugged EGR"...2 weeks minimum to get parts. On to California I go the next week, same intermittent problem, but added sluggish and rough morning starts. No dealership could squeeze me in. JEEPCARES on this forum reaches out to me...But why? They have done absolutely NOTHING except reach out to me "acting" as if they care. I provide them with everything they asked for and they don't have the common courtesy or respect for their product OR customer.

On to AZ I go the next week. I make appt at Phoenix dealership. Sits for 3 days. Get total run around. (Even one time said that their tech was working with Jeep when indeed the tech was on vacation and not even working that day). I pick it up. They say "good to go". I asked "what did you do?'....They responded "nothing...we checked some things out...plugged it back together...nothing wrong"
Really...No EGR issues...NOPE!
I get 25 miles down the road...same thing. NO THROTTLE. I make it back to dealership. They drive it, but wouldn't replicate. They say, "although we can pull the codes again, we need it to happen to us, so we can witness it in order to repair it"....BS

I start a Star case with Jeep that evening. No one has reached out to me yet.

Today I am in Atlanta. Dropped off at another dealership...3rd one now. It has 17 codes stored in it again after 50 miles of driving.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I would get a non FCA mechanic to diagnose the problem, then take it to the dealer for a warranty repair knowing EXACTLY what the issue is.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
OK. I have sat back long enough. I have 1458 miles on my JLUR 3.0 diesel. I am traveling the NASCAR circuit towing my Rubi. With 800 miles on my Jeep, I pull up to a stop light on a 55 mph road. Light turns green, cars approaching rapidly from behind, hit the foot pedal...It doesn't go...OMG. Finally it starts to creep ahead and then after approx 100ft it takes off. This goes on for the next 10 stoplights. Las Vegas dealership picks it up. Says "plugged EGR"...2 weeks minimum to get parts. On to California I go the next week, same intermittent problem, but added sluggish and rough morning starts. No dealership could squeeze me in. JEEPCARES on this forum reaches out to me...But why? They have done absolutely NOTHING except reach out to me "acting" as if they care. I provide them with everything they asked for and they don't have the common courtesy or respect for their product OR customer.

On to AZ I go the next week. I make appt at Phoenix dealership. Sits for 3 days. Get total run around. (Even one time said that their tech was working with Jeep when indeed the tech was on vacation and not even working that day). I pick it up. They say "good to go". I asked "what did you do?'....They responded "nothing...we checked some things out...plugged it back together...nothing wrong"
I get 25 miles down the road...same thing. NO THROTTLE. I make it back to dealership. They drive it, but wouldn't replicate. They say, "although we can pull the codes again, we need it to happen to us, so we can witness it in order to repair it"....BS

Today I am in Atlanta. Dropped off at another dealership...3rd one now. It has 17 codes stored in it again after 50 miles of driving.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately it seems like all car companies use consumers as beta testers. FCA is no different. Obviously keep records of everything. Lemon law might be a possibility. Look into trip interruption coverage just in case since your on the road.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This is exactly why I bought the 3.6 instead of waiting for the Diesel. I'm at the dealership today, and test drove their only Diesel on the lot, which is a very similarly equipped vehicle to my own. And it is quite nice, but the modern Diesels have such poor reliability that it keeps me, a Diesel mechanic, from considering one right now.

Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I wondered what had happened to you since you posted about this in the diesel forum.
EGR systems collect soot but becoming clogged so soon something is effed up. Just throwing on another one is not going to fix anything.
I won't be getting a diesel until they get some delete options worked out, hopefully later this year -

Good Luck

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe

TO BE CONTINUED...
I would avoid Landmark CDJ like the plague in Atlanta. Try Ed Voyles, they tend to be the best.

cold gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler JKU on 41.5" Pitbull rockers. A few mods
wow.
I hope they fix you up. Very frustrating I can imagine. Enough to make me cancel my order.

OP
OP
Repairable1

Repairable1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6, 2016 JKU Rubicon HardRock LS 6.2, 2019 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Powerstroke 4x4
Update:

Today the dealer tech started my Wrangler to drive into service bay...NO THROTTLE!!!
Had 17 codes stored...mostly EGR related. The tech emailed FCA @ 9:30 AM. Finally...FCA responded @ 4:00 PM “we got your correspondence”...that was all.

Another day gone by at a dealership.

No response from JeepCares on this forum...another joke

Called CustomerCare 800 # about my case started last Friday...”So sorry”... but nothing else

Contacted selling dealer (who has done nothing wrong)....asked them to start the lemon-law buyback process.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Sponsored

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Update:

Today the dealer tech started my Wrangler to drive into service bay...NO THROTTLE!!!
Had 17 codes stored...mostly EGR related. The tech emailed FCA @ 9:30 AM. Finally...FCA responded @ 4:00 PM “we got your correspondence”...that was all.

Another day gone by at a dealership.

No response from JeepCares on this forum...another joke

Called CustomerCare 800 # about my case started last Friday...”So sorry”... but nothing else

Contacted selling dealer (who has done nothing wrong)....asked them to start the lemon-law buyback process.

TO BE CONTINUED...
I feel you. My shop seems to have fixed my issue for good this time *knock on wood*. Runs perfectly. Posting my shops fix again just for visibility.

20200226_150035.jpg

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Do you know what egr codes are setting? If it's taking 25 miles for codes to set I'm would suspect low pressure egr fault. Tell their tech to call STAR, waiting 7-8 hours is terrible. They can call and be talking to someone in less than 5 minutes

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
They should have gone with a Cummins!!!!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Do you know what egr codes are setting? If it's taking 25 miles for codes to set I'm would suspect low pressure egr fault. Tell their tech to call STAR, waiting 7-8 hours is terrible. They can call and be talking to someone in less than 5 minutes
I see your a Master Tech at a CDJR dealer. Thanks for reaching out to him and helping out.
Sponsored