Sponsored

BUYER BEWARE (Smittybilt Hard Top Hoist)

Has Extreme Terrain sold you a non compatible JL part?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Kata

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Update. All today I received my full refund for the Smittybilt Hardtop Hoist I returned. It should take 3-5 days to clear. I’ll send an update when that occurs. Thanks.
After 3 days I received my full credit. Thanks Jake.
Sponsored

jlrubeinswaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My main gripe with them is showing parts available with even 3-5 days delivered and being a total lie. It's been almost 2 months since I ordered some rails/steps and they keep saying they're backordered but still show available and ready to ship. If I dont get them soon I'll cancel my order and go somewhere else.
I have found this to be true not only with this company but most of the others except Northridge. I am sure Northridge is not perfect but I put my confidence with them for good customer service and accurate shipping times. This forum is great way to shed some light on some companies that lack in customer service which seems to be a thing of the past.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kata

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
exactly. Then ur stuck paying restock fees
I didn’t pay any restocking fees. They paid for the shipping fees to ship the item back to them. I received a full return.

OP
OP
Kata

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have found this to be true not only with this company but most of the others except Northridge. I am sure Northridge is not perfect but I put my confidence with them for good customer service and accurate shipping times. This forum is great way to shed some light on some companies that lack in customer service which seems to be a thing of the past.
I don’t use my Smittybilt hardtop bracket in anymore. I purchased the J-Barr hardtop bracket. You can use any hoist with the J-Barr and plus the J-Barr is portable and you can remove your top with two people and no hoist.
https://j-barr.com/products/j-barr-jeep-wrangler-hardtop-removal-hoist-and-storage-system

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
OP
OP
Kata

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
how long have u had it? And you use it with the Smittybilt winch?
I’ve had it since 2020 and I use it with the Smittybilt winch/hoist. The J-Barr will work with any winch/hoist. I’m happy I purchased the J-Barr.

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I’ve had it since 2020 and I use it with the Smittybilt winch/hoist. The J-Barr will work with any winch/hoist. I’m happy I purchased the J-Barr.
I got the Smittybilt hoist locally after seeing it on XT for JL. Then realized it wouldn’t work and found this thread. I might just use 2 straps with some carabiners.

OP
OP
Kata

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I got the Smittybilt hoist locally after seeing it on XT for JL. Then realized it wouldn’t work and found this thread. I might just use 2 straps with some carabiners.
That’s definitely an option. The J-Barr is lot more expensive today than it was in 2020.
Sponsored