First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE BELOW:

Just a heads up if you are considering this mount. I ran into a bit of bad luck with it. The mount itself is great, heavy-duty quality and the fitment is spot on for installation, HOWEVER...

Once I mounted my jack and swung open the tailgate, *CRACK*... broken taillight. Obviously some more R&D is necessary to figure out the proper tolerances in my opinion. This is just a heads up if you are considering this part. Here's the LINK to what I'm talking about.

I have contacted Rampage to rectify the situation but haven't heard back yet. I will update with their response.

Jeep Wrangler JL Buyer beware - Rampage Jack Mount IMG_0739

Jeep Wrangler JL Buyer beware - Rampage Jack Mount IMG_0736

Jeep Wrangler JL Buyer beware - Rampage Jack Mount IMG_0737
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rogueman_1

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE 1: Rampage has gotten back to me via email in regards to the issue. They have requested pictures and a purchase receipt which I have provided in a response email today.

I will update again when I get another response from Rampage.

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. Those tail lights aren’t cheap. I’m curious to see how they respond.

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just a heads up if you are considering this mount. I ran into a bit of bad luck with it. The mount itself is great, heavy-duty quality and the fitment is spot on for installation, HOWEVER...

Once I mounted my jack and swung open the tailgate, *CRACK*... broken taillight. Obviously some more R&D is necessary to figure out the proper tolerances in my opinion. This is just a heads up if you are considering this part. Here's the LINK to what I'm talking about.

I have contacted Rampage to rectify the situation but haven't heard back yet. I will update with their response.

So sorry to hear about this, that is a bummer. Hey where do you get that Turbo sticker? Very cool!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogueman_1

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE:

Through continued contact with customer care at Rampage, it was pointed out that I had made a critical error in not reading the damn manual correctly! Turns out that when you run a 35" tire, you need to use the jack mount in conjunction with the tire extender which I did not have.

I stand corrected and this was an oversight on my part. Rampage Products customer care was thorough and responsive through the entire process and even offered me a tire extender as a way of making things right even though I was at fault. Good on them and I will continue to use the jack mount as a result.

I would like to thank Wes Hobgood at Rampage Customer Care as he really sought to get me the answers I needed to resolve this issue.

OP
OP
Rogueman_1

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not at all. I've not had any issues with this product other than my own screwup. It holds the jack secure.
Sponsored