Sponsored

BUYER BEWARE - PSC steering kit

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
As you all know I have been a huge fan of the PSC kit and you can see my multiple posts but I must share a very large concern with this kit and I personally would avoid using this unless you are a mechanic.

I purchased the Overland kit. I used THERE recommended installer to do the kit as it is a pretty extensive install.

The kit performed well for about 3000 miles and again you can see all my posts I WAS a big fan and probably even helped a few here get into this kit.

HOWEVER lately the steering started to leak. I was getting spots in the garage every night and I was needing to fill back up the reservoir quite frequently. So I took it back to the same mechanic. He noticed that there fitting had fouled and that is where the leak was coming from. It took him 3.5 hours to fix the issue with a replacement part from PSC. BUYER BEWARE labor of THEIR faulty part is not covered under their warranty policy. So if you are not a mechanic and can't do these repairs of their faulty product on your own I would seriously consider not getting this.

I tried to resolve this issue directly with PSC and they were unwavering on any level of compensation for the labor on their faulty product. Again 3000 road miles. No off roading even during that time of it leaking.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Good on you for the heads up!
Poor backing from the manufacturer, that word travels fast.
Would be better for them to make this right from the get-go and keep customer feedback positive, at least in the mind of this layman :)

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
Their warranty is published on their website, it sure doesn’t say that they’re going to cover labor, it actually sounds like a pretty normal warranty. I’m not sure why you’d put them on blast for not doing something they never said they’d do.

more importantly, how do you know that the part with the damaged fitting wasn’t dropped during install. Or that it wasn’t damaged in shipping? You’re blaming PSC and calling it a faulty part based on minimal knowledge

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
Good on you for the heads up!
Poor backing from the manufacturer, that word travels fast.
Would be better for them to make this right from the get-go and keep customer feedback positive, at least in the mind of this layman :)
It would be better if the fellow posting this read their warranty page and understood those terms before asking them to pay the labor.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep I read it. Didn’t figure they would produce faulty parts. Usually when customers sell faulty parts they stand behind them and try to make it right. I know it says no warranty that is EXACTLY why I posted this in case someone wants one and is not a mechanic be prepared to spend on labor when their parts fail. Got all the information I need that the part was faulty.

You don’t like MY review of MY experience move on and buy the kit all day long. You have choices.

Sponsored

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
Yep I read it. Didn’t figure they would produce faulty parts. Usually when customers sell faulty parts they stand behind them and try to make it right. I know it says no warranty that is EXACTLY why I posted this in case someone wants one and is not a mechanic be prepared to spend on labor when their parts fail. Got all the information I need that the part was faulty.

You don’t like MY review of MY experience move on and buy the kit all day long. You have choices.
This isn’t a review. A review would have more than an individual experience on a warranty claim. A review would talk about how the product performs, how challenging the install was etc. This is simply an experience post where your mechanic told you want you needed to hear so that you don’t blame him for the work.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is MY REVIEW of their poor product quality and warranty policy. Carry on Jim you don't like my post move along. Glad you have no problem spending $3K on a part and use their recommended installer and when the part doesn't function you are cool with it and have no problem spending your own money to make it work as intended. Again that is your prerogative. Just like the ignore function and you don't have to see any more of my posts. Like I will do with you.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Dude that sucks PSC is already expensive as it is. Good to know when deciding which direction I need to go with my steering. Always good to look at it in the long run(labor , maintenance afterwards). If they already have sh*tty customer service on a practically new kit and faulty part. Your pretty much left high and dry...

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Seen it many times where guys have had to pay to have engines pulled to have some faulty stuff fixed. The labor is never covered. Just part of the aftermarket/modding game.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Seen it many times where guys have had to pay to have engines pulled to have some faulty stuff fixed. The labor is never covered. Just part of the aftermarket/modding game.
Exactly. It's part of the game when you can't do the customizing work yourself. Especially just to replace a simple fitting.

I'll still buy PSC stuff (I'm waiting for them to come up with something for the 2.0). If I break the fitting upon installation, I'll be the one to replace it.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Same thing with your house. If you pay a plumber $$ to install water heater for you and it’s defective the manufacturer will replace the water heater but youre stuck paying for the labor.
Sponsored