First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
"scratch off your list" because of ONE report-??

Read post #12-there's nothing wrong with FLOWMASTER--maybe this model just doesn't work with JL JEEP

"DELETEING MUFFLER" is stupid anyway-----

YEA--I MEAN THAT !!!

W.E.

JIMBO
I place a premium on good Customer Service. YMMV
Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner

Read post #12-there's nothing wrong with FLOWMASTER--maybe this model just doesn't work with JL JEEP

YEA--I MEAN THAT !!!

W.E.

JIMBO
I think scratching them is due to lack of response from Flowmaster, the consumer is getting smarter about the way a company treats is customers. I also have scratched them off my list and will do business with companies that care about the products and consumers

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sorry to hear of your problems. But there is a reason why they earned the nickname "Dronemaster" across the automotive forums.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

YEA--I MEAN THAT !!!

W.E.

JIMBO
Seems like you have 'droned' yourself 'deaf' to good products and customer service with all of those Flowmaster's you have owned

Not sure what kind of better communication one can have after numerous phone calls to their customer service reps and escalation?

Junk product

Thank you for your input however

OP
OP

Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Also an update after a few months of ownership

Welds are starting to rust, black paint has completely melted off "as intended" per Flowmaster

Can't wait to see what it looks like after a few months of Michigan salt ;)

It will be a good day when I can replace it and throw it in the trash

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Well, sorry guys about FLOWMASTER-- after over 26 years of using their FM40/50/10--no drone(ever) and I never needed to call their "CUSTOMER SERVICE"--

It is what it is--there's lots of choices out there--go for it !

W.E.

JIMBO

First Name
Houston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hey Everyone,

I want to share with you all my experience with Flowmaster on my new JL Outback axleback system.

I received the part a month ago and after hours of trying to install it, it was concluded that the inlet opening that was supposed to slide over the stock mid pipe was not large enough.

Due to the fact that I had already sold my stock exhaust muffler, I was forced to then modify the brand new Flowmaster and weld it on directly to the stock mid pipe.

I called Flowmaster to let them know they have defective parts and was offered no replacement or refund - just a simple "Thank you for letting us know" so they could fix their bad batch of parts

The first time I took this thing on the highway I almost blew my brains out. The drone from 70-85MPH is unbearable. I thought maybe it just had to break in so I put 1,500 miles on it and it is still horrible. 8th gear on the highway is completely unusable if you want to have any hearing left.

I also noticed that the black paint started to melt off of the muffler (literally drips on the ground)

So today I called them to request a refund given that :

• They sold me a defective part that didn't properly fit
  • The drone at highway speeds is horrendous
  • The paint is melting off of the muffler
Their response was that the paint is intended to melt off of the muffler because they use 'waterborn' paint (HAHAHA)
The defective part should have been returned immediately (which was never an option early on)
The drone is a matter of 'preference'

I have had many aftermarket exhausts in my life on performance cars and offroard trucks and this is the first and last time I will ever buy anything from Flowmaster and I hope this helps any of you potential buyers in aiding your decision. Look elsewhere

Josh
Wish I had seen this before purchasing my Flowmaster exhaust for my 2018 JL. I did not have the problem with the size but I did have the same problem with the black finish/paint melting off. Also the sound of this exhaust at highway speeds between 70-80mph is unbearable/horrendous, especially in 7th gear as the 8 speed auto transmission is seeking between 7th & 8th gear. I will most likely re-install the old muffler as I can't take it anymore.

Sponsored

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
10% of your people cause 90% of your problems.

In other words, 90% of customers are generally satisfied and keep quiet. The 10% are the vocal minority who post negative reviews and posts.

Don't listen to the 10%.

OP
OP

Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
10% of your people cause 90% of your problems.

In other words, 90% of customers are generally satisfied and keep quiet. The 10% are the vocal minority who post negative reviews and posts.

Don't listen to the 10%.
Listen to 100% then make your own decision

Sometimes the complainers are actually right and are just trying to help others

I could have easily kept quiet and let everyone else make the same mistake I did. I have owned numerous high end exhausts for many high end cars and nothing has ever compared to the bad quality I've seen from this company. Maybe if I was a little less experienced with aftermarket exhausts I would have kept quiet.

OP
OP

Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
UPDATE:

I wanted to let everyone know how the exhaust has held up over the last 5 months with salt. I don’t think it will last another winter without turning into a cheese grader. Pics attached

Hey Everyone,

I want to share with you all my experience with Flowmaster on my new JL Outback axleback system.

I received the part a month ago and after hours of trying to install it, it was concluded that the inlet opening that was supposed to slide over the stock mid pipe was not large enough.

Due to the fact that I had already sold my stock exhaust muffler, I was forced to then modify the brand new Flowmaster and weld it on directly to the stock mid pipe.

I called Flowmaster to let them know they have defective parts and was offered no replacement or refund - just a simple "Thank you for letting us know" so they could fix their bad batch of parts

The first time I took this thing on the highway I almost blew my brains out. The drone from 70-85MPH is unbearable. I thought maybe it just had to break in so I put 1,500 miles on it and it is still horrible. 8th gear on the highway is completely unusable if you want to have any hearing left.

I also noticed that the black paint started to melt off of the muffler (literally drips on the ground)

So today I called them to request a refund given that :

• They sold me a defective part that didn't properly fit
  • The drone at highway speeds is horrendous
  • The paint is melting off of the muffler
Their response was that the paint is intended to melt off of the muffler because they use 'waterborn' paint (HAHAHA)
The defective part should have been returned immediately (which was never an option early on)
The drone is a matter of 'preference'

I have had many aftermarket exhausts in my life on performance cars and offroard trucks and this is the first and last time I will ever buy anything from Flowmaster and I hope this helps any of you potential buyers in aiding your decision. Look elsewhere

Josh

2DBC5826-3E31-48A9-B74E-C2ACF684F882.jpeg

656E737E-5C9B-43E4-9646-5633E81A407B.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The fact that Flowmaster couldn't get the exhaust delete pipe to properly mount to the Jeep pipe makes me wonder about their overall operation. Something as simple as that should be a given, and getting that wrong made me skip right over them and go to Dynomax, perfect fit w/ no work on my part :)

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
It's really too bad that FM is producing a DEFUNCT EXHAUST PRODUCT--

I've used FM for over 40 years and had great success with their FM 10/40 and 50 series, but they've allway's been DUAL CAT-BACK muffler systems and I don't have any DRONE,, there are EXHAUST BASICS that you must follow to eliminate DRONE--

I also have the DYNOMAX TURBO in my JL--STUPENDOUS !

W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored