Buyer’s Remorse - 2021 JLUR

Gfcronus

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go cart.
Just checked with the dealer, who said the Sting Gray Rubicon that I ordered has been released by the Toledo plant and is awaiting transportation. I’ve been waiting more than two months, but my excitement level is tepid at best. I ordered the vehicle that my kids wanted, not the one that I wanted, which would have been a 2-door Sarge Green Willys. I’m not looking for any advice or soothing words. Just crying in my beer, really. I’m sure the JLUR will be great, but it’s more Jeep than I really need or want.
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I had a 2 door JK and regretted not getting the 4 door JK I really wanted, sold it back in December and now waiting on my Gecko JLUR

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just checked with the dealer, who said the Sting Gray Rubicon that I ordered has been released by the Toledo plant and is awaiting transportation. I’ve been waiting more than two months, but my excitement level is tepid at best. I ordered the vehicle that my kids wanted, not the one that I wanted, which would have been a 2-door Sarge Green Willys. I’m not looking for any advice or soothing words. Just crying in my beer, really. I’m sure the JLUR will be great, but it’s more Jeep than I really need or want.
If the kids wanted it I'm sure you got exactly what you want. Smiles on the faces of your children. Sounds like youre a good Dad, and that always comes at a price of what Dad wants. Jeep on my friend.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
You never can have too much Jeep!!!! Congrats.

OP
OP

Gfcronus

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go cart.
If the kids wanted it I'm sure you got exactly what you want. Smiles on the faces of your children. Sounds like youre a good Dad, and that always comes at a price of what Dad wants. Jeep on my friend.
A poignant response that hit the mark perfectly. Thanks for that.

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
You’ll be fine. The Jeep is just a tool.

What matters are the adventures you go on, and the people you go with. And hey, the kids are only kids once.

I’m jealous - it sounds like the kids have a good father. Have fun out there.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I originally thought I wanted a 2 door also, but combined input from daughter, wife and salesman convinced me to try a 4 door and it worked out for the best. I don't think a 2 door would have worked out as well.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
After four 2-doors, I reluctantly bought an Unlimited to get the EcoDiesel engine. I’m not sure that I’d go back to a 2-door now.

JoeB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler SportS, 2019 BMW Z4, 1967 VW Beetle
That's funny, my wife wanted a four door (for the utility) and my kids talked her into a 2 door.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Bro honestly in my 2 door days I was wishing I had 4 doors my kids loved it we just needed more room. That's why the wife wanted me to sell them. So I got rid of the 2 door HElla YElla TJ was my favorite, got rid of the wife and kept the kids. Now they are older (much) and they still talk about our Jeepin' days. It was great when it happened. So now I have a 4 door and no kids that want to tag along..... still no wife either..... but I got one helluva Jeep now.... (IMO)..... It's all good you will have stories to last a lifetime.....

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Imagine if you were waiting on a Bronco.
Sponsored