Buyer’s Remorse - 2021 JLUR

Simsy71

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have a 2018 sting gray unlimited rubi and LOVE it. My third wrangler and best. The perfect vehicle I think. I’d do again in a heart beat. Take it on a trail and you’ll realize you did the right thing. Even the color - shows minimal dirt or scratches. Enjoy !

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Just checked with the dealer, who said the Sting Gray Rubicon that I ordered has been released by the Toledo plant and is awaiting transportation. I’ve been waiting more than two months, but my excitement level is tepid at best. I ordered the vehicle that my kids wanted, not the one that I wanted, which would have been a 2-door Sarge Green Willys. I’m not looking for any advice or soothing words. Just crying in my beer, really. I’m sure the JLUR will be great, but it’s more Jeep than I really need or want.
I had really wanted a 2 door as well. The sales people at a dealer I did not buy from talked me into a 4 door. I've had the JLUR for almost a year and am happy that I went with the 4 door. Use this as an excuse to take the kids on some mild off-road trips, camping, fishing, etc. I love my Rubicon. I believe that you will, too.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
When I was a kid, my father had a 1983 Honda Civic hatchback in silver. I learned how to drive a manual on that thing, but I was embarrassed to be seen in it. You are automatically cooler than my dad ever was for riding your kids around in some style.

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Just checked with the dealer, who said the Sting Gray Rubicon that I ordered has been released by the Toledo plant and is awaiting transportation. I’ve been waiting more than two months, but my excitement level is tepid at best. I ordered the vehicle that my kids wanted, not the one that I wanted, which would have been a 2-door Sarge Green Willys. I’m not looking for any advice or soothing words. Just crying in my beer, really. I’m sure the JLUR will be great, but it’s more Jeep than I really need or want.
2 door with kids is tough unless it is only a weekend vehicle or less. The 4 door has been such a good family vehicle for us with kids, for many years. You will be happy with the 4 door.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
That's why I don't have any kids... Nevertheless, sounds like you're getting an awesome Jeep.
Thats what I tell people... Reality is I haven’t found a girl to make them with.

Take the kids to the dealership to pick up. Snap a picture like the one below. It will never leave your phone. Enjoy!......Oh and check the fuses.
Better yet, have the kids check fuses and help modify it. They will learn a lot, you will earn memories.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I have always had the 2 door jeep until now. After getting the 4 door, I could not believe I waited this long to convert. The 4 door is better in every way with the exception of doing U-turn's and navigating tight spots. If you have kids, pets or get more than a few bags of groceries at a time- then the 4 door is for you. Don't sweat it, you will be happy.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
8 time wrangler owner, 9th on order. 4-2 door TJ's(prior to 4 door's being available) 3-JKUR's. 1-JLUR. I guess I can actually say 9 time owner, 10th on order but I won't count the 2 door JL I had for 3 days. Ordered a JLUR late 2017, took delivery, Spring 2018. The first JL in the state of Arkansas. Fast forward to 2020, building a new house, bought it 8% under invoice, Wranglers hold there value, sold it for $10k above what I owed and paid off some bills. Bought a used FX4 F150. Nice truck but wasn't a Jeep. Decided I'd do a 2-door JL to keep the payment down. Found a low miles, 2 door Red Rubicon and traded. On the drive home from the dealer I decided, this won't do :) Understanding dealer let me out of the deal and back to my truck. Now I'm waiting on JL #2 to arrive. Just wasn't for me. Loved 2 doors when that's all there was. That's just me. I'm old :) Love the look of the 2 doors. The main factor for me is I tow a light weight travel trailer. 3500 lbs. towing isn't much but better than the 2,000 on the 2 door. You will love the Unlimited.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You’ll have no regrets once you see it, I had a 2015 2 dr rubi , no room for much gear. Love the JLUR, especially the ‘sky touch’ roof…really feels the top is off…opens right to the edge of roof line almost all the way back…no more weather worries. Expensive option for sure, but totally worth it To me.

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Congrats on the new rig. 30 seconds after you start driving you will love it, and when you see the ear to ear smiles on your kids faces you won't give a hoot in hell about any other rig. The real fun begins when the kids help you decide on what Mods to put on it.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Had a four door jku. Went to two door jk rubicon. Had twins. Back to four door. They’re all jeeps.
Keep the Buick in the garage or. Next it’s a bus 🚌
Sponsored