omi205

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Yah. Ill hold it for 6-9 months. Then trade it in. Take a slight hit and call it day. No need to keep the entire lease term. And then ill order a Rubi!!!!!
Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Yeah, um, you are so buried in that awful lease right now that I'm not sure how you'll be able to get out of it. Please please do some homework about how leases work before you think about buying another vehicle. I'm not even sure how you are going to get out from under this one.

Yah. Ill hold it for 6-9 months. Then trade it in. Take a slight hit and call it day. No need to keep the entire lease term. And then ill order a Rubi!!!!!

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
This is a great opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Is that 51 months term a typo ????? With that term you should have financed to begin with. Everyone is focused on the "SALE" price while that term is the real killer....

Drive it for 3 years and sell it. Quote with carmax / cavana / vroom etc... get "Dealer Buyout" quote from financing bank and see how bad under you are.

OP
OP
omi205

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, um, you are so buried in that awful lease right now that I'm not sure how you'll be able to get out of it. Please please do some homework about how leases work before you think about buying another vehicle. I'm not even sure how you are going to get out from under this one.
Yah. I'm not too worried about it. To get this wrangler I traded in a Lexus lease that was 9 month in (of 36) and lost $2k on the trade in. Its treated just like a buyout based on the bank payoff. There are ways to get out of a lease. This method would probably have the least negative impact. I wasn't thinking to clearly but I'm also not too worried. Im paying about $100 more per month then other leases I have seen on here. Not going to kill myself about $100 extra a month. And when you consider the -$2000 carry over from the lexus that comes out to an additional $40-55 per month. So I'm not drastically over . It's just the lease term (51 month that is crazy). I dont have to complete the entire term. When I trade this in, in about 6-9 month I'll just pay the negative in cash, learn from the mistake, and start fresh with an order. If I have to hold it longer...1-2 years. Then sure. I'll have paid a total of $2400 ($100×24month) extra over some of the leases I have seen on here ($485 or so per month)

Every Jeep dealer in LA was around the $535-650 monthly price for a lease. I guess that is why I didnt think much of it. Getting on this forum makes you see things such as lower rates but they dont always apply to everyone. For example people are talking about 25% off msrp on certain models. Yah not in LA. The best I have seen is at Courtesy in orange county and they max out at 5% off invoice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
omi205

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a great opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Is that 51 months term a typo ????? With that term you should have financed to begin with. Everyone is focused on the "SALE" price while that term is the real killer....

Drive it for 3 years and sell it. Quote with carmax / cavana / vroom etc... get "Dealer Buyout" quote from financing bank and see how bad under you are.
Exactly what I will do sir. In the mean time I'll enjoy my first wrangler and not let a sour deal ruin the experience. Shit happens.

Sponsored

e92miami

First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be JL Sahara 4D
Something is wrong with those numbers, the sale price is 37,800 after the down payment. So that means you are leasing the amount of $14200 if the value of the car will be $23600. So your lease payments should be in the mid $270 range not 500 if leasing for 51 months which sounds odd to begin with.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I paid $42k for my 2018 JLUR in April of 2018. Got a 6 speed with everything but proximity, leather, and LEDs. I would not buy this at all.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Just leased a used 2018 Sahara on 10/30/2019 (150miles at contract signing). The dealership ended up titling the vehicle on 02/10/2019 (invoice date) so that they could sell it as used.

Model: 2018 Sahara Unlimited (manufactured 10/2018)
MSRP (Sticker): $45,550
Sale Price: $39,800
Down: $0
Trade-In: -$2,000
Miles: 150
Lease Term: 51 month
Mileage allowance: 10k/year
Monthly rate: $585
Buyout at end of term: $23,600
Factory bumper to bumper: 3years/36month (started on invoice date 02/10/2019)
Certified Pre-Owned Warranty: 7year/100k miles on powertrain

Thoughts?
This has to be a fake deal. $585 per month for 51 months on a lease is the worse deal in the history of car buying. It looks more like a purchase deal. They really got you.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Check how much they charged you for the 7y/100k mile warranty.

You may be able to cancel it. That may significantly reduce your buyout.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
51 month lease @ 585/month @ 10k/yr?!?!?!?!!?! omg.
Yeah, that's crazy.

My $60,000 Rubicon fully loaded with no money down is $504/month for 48 months, 15k per year.

Someone posted these hold value well. With very close to no options they do, but with boxes checked the story starts changing. My '19 has already depreciated more (in 9 months, after paying 13% under MSRP) than my prior wife's JK did in 3 years. There just weren't a lot of check boxes back then, and we were coming out of a recession. Granted, I think the blunt of the depreciation is over.

Spend $60k, drive for a year (10k miles) -- retail value will be $42-$43k. Trade will be $37-38k. If you don't option it and stick to around $50k -- you're probably looking at nearly identical value. Options lose 80% of their value in a year. If you believe otherwise I have a bridge to sell you.

Not all vehicles lease well, but I won't pay more than 1% including taxes of MSRP per month on any vehicle unless the resale value is really bad and the risk reward still favors leasing. The secret to this vehicle is that there's so much room price wise compared to the JK. Most consumers don't know that, but there will be a new resale value story about the Wrangler in the future because of it.
Sponsored

Last edited: