Burger JB4 tuning available now

SemdaddyNYC

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I did on ethanol mix to get the octane up. It felt strong but not worth the hassles as hard to find around here.
Yea I didn’t know I needed ethanol just blasted map 3 and popped a hose off put the car in limp mode 💀 , easy fix but I guess I’ll stay on happy map2
Sponsored

Catania830

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0T/ 2019 JLU Sahara 2.0T (SOLD)
He could see the hiccup in the log, but at this stage in the tuning, not all the parameters are available to log. He also said there’s still a lot of power left on the table with the tune with regards to the afr, but I’d rather see this get fixed first before making any more power.
Dr. since we last spoke, I have installed a MagnaFlow Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust and an AFE Magnum Force XP Pro Intake. I haven't changed my map back to Map 2 but I still get a slight hesitation in Map 6. Have you made any progress? I have emailed Terry numerous times. "I don't have a crystal ball" was his last response. I've never had these issues with my BMW's but after this tune I'm seriously considering something else.

SnakeJLU

First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Looking to order a Jb4 this week for my 2.0
Anyone know if it's possible to run the AFE catless downpipe with a Jb4, is there a way to get it to not throw the CEL?

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
At this point, I’d really want to see if Eurocompulsion was an option yet before going with the JB4.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Looking to order a Jb4 this week for my 2.0
Anyone know if it's possible to run the AFE catless downpipe with a Jb4, is there a way to get it to not throw the CEL?
The only way to get a catless downpipe to work would be to disable or emulate the rear o2 sensor. Disabling would require full access to the tune, which I believe only SuperChips has right now but they would have to specifically offer a tune with a rear o2 delete. Emulating is pretty complicated as the ECU is constantly comparing the rear o2 with the front, expecting to see a similar but reduced signal.

In my opinion, you're better off just running any catalytic converter and dealing with the minimal HP loss.

Sponsored

OrangeJeeper

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Does anyone have a cheat sheet for which map to use with the various octanes? Or what map to use for for different mods?

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I like this JB4 but looking for an all in one solution. Anyone running or have links to a review of the diablosport pcm and tune? I ran their stuff on 2015+ Dodges and had zero issues. Kept my OEM PCM for dealer visits. Their ZF trans strategy was always awesome as well. Just cant find any real info. Seems every tuning option has issies at the moment...

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I like this JB4 but looking for an all in one solution. Anyone running or have links to a review of the diablosport pcm and tune? I ran their stuff on 2015+ Dodges and had zero issues. Kept my OEM PCM for dealer visits. Their ZF trans strategy was always awesome as well. Just cant find any real info. Seems every tuning option has issies at the moment...
Issues? (I think that’s what you meant.) I’m just starting to pay attention again. What issues with other tuners?

Seeing as JB4 isn’t the only option anymore, I’d look at Diablosport etc.

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Seems like every part ppl try to install causes CEL, etc. I am a bit concerned about diablo causing issues as well. I cannot find ANY reviews. I know their pcm/program got through CARB certification so i guess thats a good sign, lol. I have always see great things with JB4s on other vehicles. I do agree i would rather have a tune than a piggyback though.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've got 20,000 miles now on my JL with a JB4, Mishimoto intake, intercooler pipe, oil catch, and a GFB DV+ and zero CEL or other issues. I run it on map-2 with 93 octane fuel.

21.3 mpg on the highway with heavy bumpers, 35's, and the aerodynamics of a cinder block.

Sponsored

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Awesome news! I am going to give the diablo a try, because I am familar with their stuff, and write a review for the next guy (because I cant find anything about it) This thread was very helpful and gives me hope!

Ecarver2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Occupation
CEO
I've got 20,000 miles now on my JL with a JB4, Mishimoto intake, intercooler pipe, oil catch, and a GFB DV+ and zero CEL or other issues. I run it on map-2 with 93 octane fuel.

21.3 mpg on the highway with heavy bumpers, 35's, and the aerodynamics of a cinder block.
Do you get better gas mileage with the JB4? Any benefits for towing?

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red

At what speeds?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The only way to get a catless downpipe to work would be to disable or emulate the rear o2 sensor. Disabling would require full access to the tune, which I believe only SuperChips has right now but they would have to specifically offer a tune with a rear o2 delete. Emulating is pretty complicated as the ECU is constantly comparing the rear o2 with the front, expecting to see a similar but reduced signal.

In my opinion, you're better off just running any catalytic converter and dealing with the minimal HP loss.
Probably hard to find, but there were "DP Fix"s available for the N54 before they got caught, IIRC it was an adjustable resistor that could match the anticipated drop on the O2 signal from the cat.

I think there were concerns with it impacting the A/F readings though with long term use.

I used MHD on my N54 and it eliminated the CEL.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
What kind of hp/torque increases are seen with the JB4? Anyone seeing any issues when running it?
Sponsored