Burger JB4 tuning available now

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm seriously considering purchasing the JB4 tuner. Is this the best option out on the market right now? I've checked out a bunch of results with other makes and models (as well as the Jeep 2.0t) and am impressed. Thoughts?
Very happy with mine. Haven’t tried others but like the reversibility.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm seriously considering purchasing the JB4 tuner. Is this the best option out on the market right now? I've checked out a bunch of results with other makes and models (as well as the Jeep 2.0t) and am impressed. Thoughts?
Very happy with mine, and the support is top notch.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I have the flashcal installed for tire size and other adjustments. Can the JB4 be used in addition to it since it isn't adjusting anything with the ECM?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have the flashcal installed for tire size and other adjustments. Can the JB4 be used in addition to it since it isn't adjusting anything with the ECM?
I use a JB4 with a Tazer Lite and no issues. How does the FlashCal attach - via ODB or the Secure gateway?

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
OBD. It also has the control box bypass module that is under the steering wheel.
That control box might be the secure gateway port? Two connectors next to each other?

Anyhow, you can try an ODB splitter or ask the Burger guys. Terry is good to reply.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
That control box might be the secure gateway port? Two connectors next to each other?

Anyhow, you can try an ODB splitter or ask the Burger guys. Terry is good to reply.
Yes, thAt sounds like it. I don't have to leave the flashcal hooked up, but the gateway ports remain plugged into the adapter.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
Hey is anyone getting the cel for p00eb?
Did a 10hr trip and it turned on. Driving at hwy speed. Deleted the code and came back up 4 days later

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hey is anyone getting the cel for p00eb?
Did a 10hr trip and it turned on. Driving at hwy speed. Deleted the code and came back up 4 days later
Thats an intake temperature high. Do you have an aftermarket CAI? Is it leaking and pulling in engine compartment air?

Sponsored

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
So I took my JLUR to the warranty after removing the JB4 and Tazer JL, left the mishimoto intercooler pipe.

it was the manifold pressure sensor which is one of the sensors the JB4 plugs to.

has anyone had any issues with that sensor?

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So I took my JLUR to the warranty after removing the JB4 and Tazer JL, left the mishimoto intercooler pipe.

it was the manifold pressure sensor which is one of the sensors the JB4 plugs to.

has anyone had any issues with that sensor?
I have broken mine during install but bought new one as it easily cracked on my clumsy work taking apart.

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
So update..... Still happy with my combination of JB4, @Mishimoto IC pipe and air intake, and GFB's DV+. I am running on Map2 with 91 or 93 octane (93 has gotten a bit hard to find lately and when it can be found it's $1 a gallon over regular).

No codes, no issues on traffic and long drives. Really happy with it.
Perfect. Now that Jeep has addressed my (and everyone else's) steering issue I'm gonna pick one up. The highest we can get here is 91 so I'll just leave it set to map one just like on my GTI. Thanks for the updates. Sounds like another winner from BMS

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The “power cutting issue” I was having only on map 2, has now happened maybe 2-3 times on map 1 and 91 octane. Maybe I just got some bad gas as it hasn’t happened in a while.

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have the power cut issues on map 1 too, but only from a stop and only in the 1-2 shift. It’s not as prominent as on map 2, and I think it happens more in the colder temps. During the summer I hardly noticed it. It feels like the ecu is cutting timing because of too much torque. Colder air makes more power. Definitely felt more sluggish in the summer months.
Sponsored