Sponsored

Burger JB4 tuning available now

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Now the Giulia does have the Mulitiair cyl head
More on the Multi-Air system. It's interesting that this is only on the intake side, but it does make for a simpler design. I could also see how this would have been a benefit to the Jeep 2.0's low end torque.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What I can't figure out is why. There's hardly any power difference between the two motors...
Thats the multi-air setup on the intake side you're seeing in your photos. It allows the engine to not need a throttle body as they can control the intake valves via solenoid to cut the hydraulic pressure that drives them. So the cam drives the exhaust valves directly like normal, but also activates the actuators on the Multiair assembly to drive oil pressure that runs the valves. A solenoid can open that oil passage to control lift to regulate throttle directly.

Very slick stuff - cost FIAT >$100 million and 5 years to develop. Now licensed to Jag and a bunch of others.

Jeep doesn't use Multiair yet and is still a throttle body and two cams - you can see the two VVT actuator plugs at the front of the valve cover.

I've always been curious if MultiAir is cheaper to manufacture, fewer parts to more reliable, better emissions, and more performance why Jeep isn't using it. Has to be a downside or drawback they are not talking about.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
More on the Multi-Air system. It's interesting that this is only on the intake side, but it does make for a simpler design. I could also see how this would have been a benefit to the Jeep 2.0's low end torque.

Great video - was looking for something like this.

And agree, if it's all the claims make it out to be it should have been a nice addition in the Jeep. 10% better mileage, 10% more HP, and 15% more torque -- all positives.

So has to be a downside......or to be controversial.....perhaps they wanted to fully depreciate the Pentastar V6 assembly line as it surely would suffer with a factory 297hp/335 ft/lb turbo i4 that also got 25 mpg..... :rock:

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I think the redline is due to the small turbo. The tuned Alfas get a higher redline but HP peak still hits quite a bit before the stock redline.
I was speaking more in terms of stock tunes. I’m not personally not sure what the rotating assembly can take being spun up above 5.5k. Although it would be interesting if someone put a slightly bigger turbo on the 2.0 with better heat exchangers.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I was speaking more in terms of stock tunes. I’m not personally not sure what the rotating assembly can take being spun up above 5.5k. Although it would be interesting if someone put a slightly bigger turbo on the 2.0 with better heat exchangers.
Even the stock tunes peak out well short of redline on the Alfa 2.0. It seems it's not a rotational limit as much as it runs out of the ability to make power.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Has to be a downside or drawback they are not talking about.
Too much change for those with 2.0-phobia?
Great video - was looking for something like this.

And agree, if it's all the claims make it out to be it should have been a nice addition in the Jeep. 10% better mileage, 10% more HP, and 15% more torque -- all positives.

So has to be a downside......or to be controversial.....perhaps they wanted to fully depreciate the Pentastar V6 assembly line as it surely would suffer with a factory 297hp/335 ft/lb turbo i4 that also got 25 mpg..... :rock:
I think when they quoted the 10% HP & 15% torque gains, that was in comparison to a non-VVT style DOHC with average camshaft profiles.

Since the Jeep 2.0 has VVT, I suspect the "high power" cam profile is tuned the same rev-range as the "high power" Multi-Air, which is why the peak numbers are so close (which is probably just the upper limit for this motor). I'm not quite sure if the Jeep's cams are infinitely variable, or a high-cam/low-cam switch similar to VTEC yo.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Too much change for those with 2.0-phobia?

I think when they quoted the 10% HP & 15% torque gains, that was in comparison to a non-VVT style DOHC with average camshaft profiles.

Since the Jeep 2.0 has VVT, I suspect the "high power" cam profile is tuned the same rev-range as the "high power" Multi-Air, which is why the peak numbers are so close (which is probably just the upper limit for this motor). I'm not quite sure if the Jeep's cams are infinitely variable, or a high-cam/low-cam switch similar to VTEC yo.
Yeah, could be that VVT gets most of the gains. But as they still build MultiAir engines there must be a reason for both to exist.

On a related note Renault has a patent on a fully cam-less valve setup. They use pneumatic springs to close, and hydraulics like the Multiair to open. The neat thing is cam duration, lift, and timing are fully computer controlled giving the best performance across any load/RPM condition. Not sure where it is in being commercialized. Also Koenigsegg seems to be bringing it to production.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/is-the-era-of-the-camless-valvetrain-finally-upon-us-technologue/

Bot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon black 2.0T / 2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T Grey
Hey all. I've promised some months ago that i will also post my review on this after i install it. Managed to get some spare time because of this whole world crisis, and installed the DV+, Mishimoto Oil catch can, the Performance Intercooler Pipe and Air Intake, and finally the JB4+. Because i've installed all this at the same time, i can only give a feedback for the entire setup, and all i can say is that it is well worth the money. Drove 1 week with default Map 1 and now i have set it to Map 3 and also installed the RaceChip XLR Throttle control. Installed all on the 2 door Rubicon, and i can confirm the car is much more fun to drive now. It pulls stronger, definitely noticeable. Set the XLR in Sport + and the acceleration is almost the same as my Mini Cooper S F56, actually i prefer the Jeep now.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. I've promised some months ago that i will also post my review on this after i install it. Managed to get some spare time because of this whole world crisis, and installed the DV+, Mishimoto Oil catch can, the Performance Intercooler Pipe and Air Intake, and finally the JB4+. Because i've installed all this at the same time, i can only give a feedback for the entire setup, and all i can say is that it is well worth the money. Drove 1 week with default Map 1 and now i have set it to Map 3 and also installed the RaceChip XLR Throttle control. Installed all on the 2 door Rubicon, and i can confirm the car is much more fun to drive now. It pulls stronger, definitely noticeable. Set the XLR in Sport + and the acceleration is almost the same as my Mini Cooper S F56, actually i prefer the Jeep now.
I'm running the same setup on my 2 door Rubi with the only difference being that I'm using the Hikeit X9 throttle control and Dynomax exhaust delete. I'm currently using Map 2 and if I can find E85 fuel I'll try Map 3. But I completely agree that it's worth the money. IMHO the best bang for the buck on the whole setup is the DV+. For those who are wanting to run a BOV.... save your money and buy the DV+. If you want the swish sound I've been running with the blow off hose disconnected and plugged for a few hundred miles without any CEL, but I think the increased air flow from the Mishimoto intake is compensating that extra air that the sensor is looking for on a blow off cycle. If I do end up getting a CEL I'll just put the hose back. The blow off pshh isn't that big of a deal to me and I can barely hear it with the engine cover on and the louder exhaust delete. I don't have any Dyno numbers or JB4 logs at this time but I will say the current set up is "throw you back in the seat" fast.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have been running my JB4 a week now and it IS every bit as great as the posts say. Not sure if it's an advertised 40HP great but definitely faster. It's also the only thing that has been able to somehow shutdown that P1CEA CEL that i kept getting from my POS S&B(post fix-it kit). Overall my Jeep just runs better and faster with Burger.

Sponsored

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Love Burger tunings JB4. Used them on a few BMW’s. Currently took my M5 from low 11’s to low 10’s in the 1/4. Anyways does the jb4 for our Jeep’s work with both the regular 2.0T and the 2.0T with ETorque?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Love Burger tunings JB4. Used them on a few BMW’s. Currently took my M5 from low 11’s to low 10’s in the 1/4. Anyways does the jb4 for our Jeep’s work with both the regular 2.0T and the 2.0T with ETorque?
Yes.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Ok got it installed and went for a 20 minute drive. All I can say is the Jeep is a completely different animal. It's got significantly more mid range torque.

Tomorrow I'll install the GFB DV+ and fill up with 93 Sunoco and try Map2.

This is a really cool upgrade and was what I was hoping to see for the 2.0L tuning.

PS: OBD Canbus wire ran out door jam and around. Will eventually find a firewall routing path.
where did you order your GFB DV+ and do you have the part #? Thank you