First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Ok got it installed and went for a 20 minute drive. All I can say is the Jeep is a completely different animal. It's got significantly more mid range torque.

Tomorrow I'll install the GFB DV+ and fill up with 93 Sunoco and try Map2.

This is a really cool upgrade and was what I was hoping to see for the 2.0L tuning.

PS: OBD Canbus wire ran out door jam and around. Will eventually find a firewall routing path.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Ok got it installed and went for a 20 minute drive. All I can say is the Jeep is a completely different animal. It's got significantly more mid range torque.

Tomorrow I'll install the GFB DV+ and fill up with 93 Sunoco and try Map2.

This is a really cool upgrade and was what I was hoping to see for the 2.0L tuning.

PS: OBD Canbus wire ran out door jam and around. Will eventually find a firewall routing path.
Sounds promising! It seems, like usual, there’s some adaptives at play so it could improve.

Here’s little more info that should apply.https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55457

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
With this piggy back tuner is the ODB2 required? Also how can I run it with the Tazer JL installed?
I’m not sure but maybe it’ll be able to take care of the adjustments you need, like tires maybe, and you can sell the Tazer?

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
With this piggy back tuner is the ODB2 required? Also how can I run it with the Tazer JL installed?
I would not want to run it without the OBD-II information, as you give up a lot.

I'd look to see if some sort of pig-tail is available. Not sure Burger would want to add the Tazer features as they really only focus on performance tuning.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
1/2 tank top up with 93 octane. GFB DV+. Map2 (+5psi over stock). WOWZERS!! On the 1-2 and 2-3 shift we get tire spin.

Granted it's cold and K02's are not the grippiest things at low temps it is a complete beast through he mid-range.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
1/2 tank top up with 93 octane. GFB DV+. Map2 (+5psi over stock). WOWZERS!! On the 1-2 and 2-3 shift we get tire spin.

Granted it's cold and K02's are not the grippiest things at low temps it is a complete beast through he mid-range.
Damn, this seems promising. Now I just need to weigh whether I want to void my warranty or not. :LOL:

Last edited:

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0

You're not helping me resist buying so soon...

Can the stock diverter valve keep up or so I have to go with something like the GFB?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
For the millionth time, modifications do not void warranties. The dealer would have to prove that your aftermarket parts caused any damages that they don't want to cover. Do people really just drive around in stock rigs, get every service done at the overpriced dealer, and even buy their tires from the dealer out of fear?

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
It shouldn't. The ECM still thinks everything is normal...But down stream..ah, the JB4 is Jedi mind tricking it's ass. Just remove it before service. ;-)
The pros of piggyback tuners, LOL. I just know my luck. Seems like a great product though! Really excited to see more information pop up as more rigs use it.
For the millionth time, modifications do not void warranties. The dealer would have to prove that your aftermarket parts caused any damages that they don't want to cover. Do people really just drive around in stock rigs, get every service done at the overpriced dealer, and even buy their tires from the dealer out of fear?
I mentioned warranty jokingly tbh. Stuff like exhaust systems, lift kits, catch cans, tires, etc. don't worry me. Big tires and lift kits don't cause radios to die, if my radio died for no reason they would replace it under warranty. If a shady tune (I'm not saying this tune is shady, just making an example) blows up my 2.0L though, FCA isn't covering it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You're not helping me resist buying so soon...

Can the stock diverter valve keep up or so I have to go with something like the GFB?
My past experience on chipped Audi's was that the diverter valve was marginal at factory boost and the Alfa guys seem to claim the same thing. So I was planning to swap it even with the stock tune, but the JB4 showed up before the DV+ so it got installed first.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The pros of piggyback tuners, LOL. I just know my luck. Seems like a great product though! Really excited to see more information pop up as more rigs use it.

I mentioned warranty jokingly tbh. Stuff like exhaust systems, lift kits, catch cans, tires, etc. don't worry me. Big tires and lift kits don't cause radios to die, if my radio died for no reason they would replace it under warranty. If a shady tune (I'm not saying this tune is shady, just making an example) blows up my 2.0L though, FCA isn't covering it.
Correct, if you get towed in with an engine failure and a tune you are playing the odds you get some hassles if not a voided claim. My service manager basically said "before the turbo and after the catalyst you are ok, but anything between those two will be an issue" which was his line in the sand.

Audi became militant in this regard with tamper proof screws on the ECU box and special seals, flash load counters, not able to buy an ECU as a spare part, etc, etc - and also removing the decision from the dealership on warranty coverage for engine failure.
Sponsored