Burger JB4 tuning available now

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the power cut issues on map 1 too, but only from a stop and only in the 1-2 shift. It’s not as prominent as on map 2, and I think it happens more in the colder temps. During the summer I hardly noticed it. It feels like the ecu is cutting timing because of too much torque. Colder air makes more power. Definitely felt more sluggish in the summer months.
well I’m in las vegas so it definitely NOT a cold weather thing for me lol. And yes it happens 95% from 1-2 gear shift but once in a while it even does it from a roll in the higher gears.
Sponsored

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
It’s gotta be some kind of ecu torque limit cut. I read somewhere these transmissions are rated for 368ft/lbs.

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
well I’m in las vegas so it definitely NOT a cold weather thing for me lol. And yes it happens 95% from 1-2 gear shift but once in a while it even does it from a roll in the higher gears.
Have you sent logs for Terry to review?

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Several. He can’t figure out what’s going on with it. He told me to keep it on map 6 with 2psi across the board. Really defeats the purpose of the tune.
Did he see the hiccup in the logs? i Know a custom tune is in the works with another vendor that may solve the issue.

could it possibly be hardware related?

mine was not assembled properly from the company but is resolved now.

wish I could help.

Sponsored

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
He could see the hiccup in the log, but at this stage in the tuning, not all the parameters are available to log. He also said there’s still a lot of power left on the table with the tune with regards to the afr, but I’d rather see this get fixed first before making any more power.

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
He could see the hiccup in the log, but at this stage in the tuning, not all the parameters are available to log. He also said there’s still a lot of power left on the table with the tune with regards to the afr, but I’d rather see this get fixed first before making any more power.
My thought is a custom tune may help or be better. Good luck.

SemdaddyNYC

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
So I drove around with the mishimoto intake and charge pipe for a week and I can feel the car is breathing finally... nothing to write home about but subtle. I installed the turbo smart dual port bov, after about an hour drive on the highway the ecu put the turbo in limp mode (p0039), and needless to say it felt like a Prius. I’ve now ordered the jb4 in hopes it would bypass this problem. Have you guys had similar issues with bov and other Bolt ons? I know just running a bov seems to be ok but doing everything seems to really push the stock ecu into keeping your turbo off.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So I drove around with the mishimoto intake and charge pipe for a week and I can feel the car is breathing finally... nothing to write home about but subtle. I installed the turbo smart dual port bov, after about an hour drive on the highway the ecu put the turbo in limp mode (p0039), and needless to say it felt like a Prius. I’ve now ordered the jb4 in hopes it would bypass this problem. Have you guys had similar issues with bov and other Bolt ons? I know just running a bov seems to be ok but doing everything seems to really push the stock ecu into keeping your turbo off.
JB4 will not fix that error. You have a boost leak or something else wrong with the valve.

I am using the same setup, with a GFB DV+ valve for last 10,000 miles and zero issues. Mishimoto intake, IC pipe, DV+, and JB4.

SemdaddyNYC

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
JB4 will not fix that error. You have a boost leak or something else wrong with the valve.

I am using the same setup, with a GFB DV+ valve for last 10,000 miles and zero issues. Mishimoto intake, IC pipe, DV+, and JB4.
Boost seems to be holding well, I guess it’s a big issue, thanks man appreciate the quick feedback

Sponsored

SemdaddyNYC

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
For you guys running the GFB diverter , did you use the main spring ? Or just upgrade the stock diverter and keep the oem spring ? Any issues with either route ?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
For you guys running the GFB diverter , did you use the main spring ? Or just upgrade the stock diverter and keep the oem spring ? Any issues with either route ?
I am using the extra spring that improves performance from early-closing the valve.

The ECU controls the opening of the valve, but that added spring allows the valve to early-close before the ECU would normally close it. This gets you a bit better response.

SemdaddyNYC

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I am using the extra spring that improves performance from early-closing the valve.

The ECU controls the opening of the valve, but that added spring allows the valve to early-close before the ECU would normally close it. This gets you a bit better response.
Really appreciate it because tonight I’m putting in the jb4 and gfb+
already have the mishimoto intake and charge pipe, and didn’t want to have issued because of the gfb, I’ll do the upgraded spring 💪🏻 Looking forward to enjoying map2 😂

SemdaddyNYC

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

It’s a different animal on map2, feels like the car finally woke up!
have you ran map3?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It’s a different animal on map2, feels like the car finally woke up!
have you ran map3?
I did on ethanol mix to get the octane up. It felt strong but not worth the hassles as hard to find around here.
Sponsored