Burger JB4 tuning available now

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
One thing to add about the DV+ spring as a potential issue is there are some guys running it with the spring and JB4 w/o any issues, and a couple using stock bov with the same issues I have.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Be careful when back the hardware out... the aluminum on the mishimoto inter cooler pipe is really soft! After 3-4 installs of stock vs dv+ with/without piston I stripped out one of the threads.

wound up re tapping and adding steel threads back in on all 3
I haven't looked at these in person so this might be a stupid question, but does it look like it's possible to install threaded studs instead of bolts?

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't looked at these in person so this might be a stupid question, but does it look like it's possible to install threaded studs instead of bolts?
I donā€™t see why not. I think the depth is almost 1/2ā€.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
I figure yes... I just went the other way because of the hardware I had on hand.

The only trick of doing it with studs would be the length required. The pipe is actually two pieces... one is the main pipe and the other is piece for the recirculation port back to the turbo

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I pulled the spring out of the DV+ and only got one hesitation on map 2. The Jeep also felt a little more sluggish but Iā€™m not sure if that was from the spring being removed or from the hot, humid weather (more likely).

Sponsored

Josht10

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon unlimited
Would I be able to use a OBD2 splitter so I can add this and keep my Tazer? Any issue with functionality?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Would I be able to use a OBD2 splitter so I can add this and keep my Tazer? Any issue with functionality?
Yes, you can use a splitter, I do so with an "Automatic" OBD module to send locations, etc.

Or if don't own a Taser yet the Mini/Lite use the secure gateway plug and not an interference.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
So I pulled the spring out of the DV+ and only got one hesitation on map 2. The Jeep also felt a little more sluggish but Iā€™m not sure if that was from the spring being removed or from the hot, humid weather (more likely).
Hesitation and complete power loss can be a boost leak.

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It only occurs from a standing start with full throttle on the 1-2 shift, sometimes 2-3 shift. Otherwise it runs fine. If I roll into the throttle itā€™s fine, even on map 2. Iā€™m not sure if the Jeep is like other cars where the tune is torque limit based and itā€™s hitting that limit too fast, or what.

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It only occurs from a standing start with full throttle on the 1-2 shift, sometimes 2-3 shift. Otherwise it runs fine. If I roll into the throttle itā€™s fine, even on map 2. Iā€™m not sure if the Jeep is like other cars where the tune is torque limit based and itā€™s hitting that limit too fast, or what.
I had a Mitsubishi evo IX. I remember I would have intermittent hesitation when given full or part throttle. Till one day the intercooler hose blew off a coupling because it wasn't tight enough from the factory. The pressure from boost builds the hoses expand and the leak which wouldn't normally show itself will.

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a Mitsubishi evo IX. I remember I would have intermittent hesitation when given full or part throttle. Till one day the intercooler hose blew off a coupling because it wasn't tight enough from the factory. The pressure from boost builds the hoses expand and the leak which wouldn't normally show itself will.
Interesting. Easy enough to check for it, although all the log files show itā€™s making and holding full boost.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Easy enough to check for it, although all the log files show itā€™s making and holding full boost.
I hope it helps!

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm seriously considering purchasing the JB4 tuner. Is this the best option out on the market right now? I've checked out a bunch of results with other makes and models (as well as the Jeep 2.0t) and am impressed. Thoughts?
Sponsored