Burger JB4 tuning available now

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Finished installing the mishimoto Intercooler pipe and DV+. Got the wheels spinning on Map2 when the turbo kicked in.
Very nice combo but the installl is a pain
I found that using the stock couplers and a little wd40 made the pipe install very easy. Disassembling the stock surge valve was difficult w/o destroying it. Have yet to try to spin tires though...lol.
Sponsored

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
I found that using the stock couplers and a little wd40 made the pipe install very easy. Disassembling the stock surge valve was difficult w/o destroying it. Have yet to try to spin tires though...lol.
Yeah I thought about using the stock couplers but the Mishi ones are much biffier. With the extra boost I like the robustness. I had to cut like 1/8” to get it fit. And yes the the stock valve was destroyed, but worth it.

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hesitation is back on map 2, so I guess it wasn't traction control related. I'm wondering if it's mileage related, ie ecu torque limit for break in period. Oceanblue and Yellowssm, how many miles did you guys have before installing the JB4? I'm just under 5k.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
The hesitation is back on map 2, so I guess it wasn't traction control related. I'm wondering if it's mileage related, ie ecu torque limit for break in period. Oceanblue and Yellowssm, how many miles did you guys have before installing the JB4? I'm just under 5k.
Could you describe what are you feeling?
I went full throttle and didn’t feel power shortage

Sponsored

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a full throttle pull, especially from zero, and even from a hard 40-90 pull, the power suddenly cuts out and feels almost as if I hit the brakes suddenly. It feels like either spark is cut or the tb blade closes due to over boost or low fuel pressure, and then it resumes. On map 1 the power feels very smooth with no hiccups.

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
On a full throttle pull, especially from zero, and even from a hard 40-90 pull, the power suddenly cuts out and feels almost as if I hit the brakes suddenly. It feels like either spark is cut or the tb blade closes due to over boost or low fuel pressure, and then it resumes. On map 1 the power feels very smooth with no hiccups.
Could it be like rev limiter being hit?

did the logs say anything?

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
This sounds very much like some type of limp mode!

Does the piggy back system allow for any kind of logging ?

could be timing pull, misfires, fuel line pressure...

what is your list of power mods ?

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

It’s not Limp mode because power comes back immediately. I have the same issue with mine but I know it’ll be taken care of. Map 1 works perfectly and it’s a nice increase over stock. About 4psi more than stock. And yes you can log runs. I see you’re in vegas too if you wanna see it.

Sponsored

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I think it’s either pulling timing or throttle blade closing in response to either low fuel pressure or overboost/load. The JB4 can log data, but several parameters are not able to be logged currently, like fuel pressure and air intake temp. Burger is working on that, and we’ve been exchanging log files and trying different tweaks to the user modified map 6. I’m sure they’ll get it sorted, but I’m just a little disappointed because I thought it would be set it and forget it.

My mods include the JB4, Mishimoto intercooler pipe, GFB DV +, and Borla climber catback.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it’s either pulling timing or throttle blade closing in response to either low fuel pressure or overboost/load. The JB4 can log data, but several parameters are not able to be logged currently, like fuel pressure and air intake temp. Burger is working on that, and we’ve been exchanging log files and trying different tweaks to the user modified map 6. I’m sure they’ll get it sorted, but I’m just a little disappointed because I thought it would be set it and forget it.

My mods include the JB4, Mishimoto intercooler pipe, GFB DV +, and Borla climber catback.
I would try pulling the piston spring on the Dv+ ... see if that helps! I was having an issue where it was closing and not fully venting to recirc. ( it caused a crazy honking/fart kind of sound) I could only tell after installing the Mishimoto CAI

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would try pulling the piston spring on the Dv+ ... see if that helps! I was having an issue where it was closing and not fully venting to recirc. ( it caused a crazy honking/fart kind of sound) I could only tell after installing the Mishimoto CAI
I was thinking the same thing. It’s simple enough to do too. Definitely on my to do list to get to the bottom of this.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking the same thing. It’s simple enough to do too. Definitely on my to do list to get to the bottom of this.
Be careful when back the hardware out... the aluminum on the mishimoto inter cooler pipe is really soft! After 3-4 installs of stock vs dv+ with/without piston I stripped out one of the threads.

wound up re tapping and adding steel threads back in on all 3

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be careful when back the hardware out... the aluminum on the mishimoto inter cooler pipe is really soft! After 3-4 installs of stock vs dv+ with/without piston I stripped out one of the threads.

wound up re tapping and adding steel threads back in on all 3
Yikes. Thanks for the warning.
Sponsored