Sponsored

Burger JB4 tuning available now

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It seems like turning off traction control did the trick.
I was thinking that the traction control might be the issue... but then decided not to say anything since I thought it was highly unlikely.

Is traction really an issue with these tunes? :devil:

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I wasn't spinning the tires at speed or anything, and didn't really get a chance to do a hard launch, but it must've been sensing something.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't spinning the tires at speed or anything, and didn't really get a chance to do a hard launch, but it must've been sensing something.
My only guess is that the computer was bogging down your engine to prevent a huge power dump that may have led to a traction issue. IDK, but I'm glad you figured it out.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I also did it with tc off, and although it bucked less it still bucked hard twice

Sponsored

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also did it with tc off, and although it bucked less it still bucked hard twice
That's weird, but that's also why I want to test a little more to be sure that was the fix. My log files looked pretty good though, so I'm really hoping that was it. The reality is I don't care if it smokes the tires, I just want a safe reliable tune to wake it up a bit. The final piece of improving the driveability will be the BMS pedal tuner, but I want to make sure the tune is safe and functioning correctly first.

thejljourney

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Interesting because I have just done the JB4 here in the UK loaded it up with 98 octane (same as 93 in US) and I am having the same cutting out issue with map 2... I achieved a 7.38 0-60 on the tazer on map 1 that’s a very heavy overland kitted rubicon (roofrack, fridge, 37s winch, solar panel) so very impressive but the map 2 definetly needs some work. From a roll it is very consistent and no issues.

I also tried without the ESC on before I found this and noticed it only jumped and jerked once instead of twice like it did with the traction control on. Wonder if it could be a secondary form of body control when hitting a bump in the road or something similar cutting power, it feels like it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Burger JB4 tuning available now CD92EAB1-9824-4ADF-9529-4BFD4C915BA8

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
A JL suspension sucks for hard acceleration. Not setup to put power down in such a situation. It's design goals are much more about the off-road performance.

I can get my tires spinning in 2nd and 3rd higher in the boost without trying. But what's interesting is mine doesn't do any weird power cuts.

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting because I have just done the JB4 here in the UK loaded it up with 98 octane (same as 93 in US) and I am having the same cutting out issue with map 2... I achieved a 7.38 0-60 on the tazer on map 1 that’s a very heavy overland kitted rubicon (roofrack, fridge, 37s winch, solar panel) so very impressive but the map 2 definetly needs some work. From a roll it is very consistent and no issues.

I also tried without the ESC on before I found this and noticed it only jumped and jerked once instead of twice like it did with the traction control on. Wonder if it could be a secondary form of body control when hitting a bump in the road or something similar cutting power, it feels like it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Burger JB4 tuning available now CD92EAB1-9824-4ADF-9529-4BFD4C915BA8
I did a lazy 0-60 of 7.27 today on map 1. Lazy as in I rolled into the throttle after I got rolling, so not too bad.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
A JL suspension sucks for hard acceleration. Not setup to put power down in such a situation. It's design goals are much more about the off-road performance.
Anyone ever calculated the anti-squat of the 2-door vs. 4-door?

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I did a lazy 0-60 of 7.27 today on map 1. Lazy as in I rolled into the throttle after I got rolling, so not too bad.
I wish I could get those 0-60 times. Best I’ve got was 8.125 on map 1. I have a 4 door 2020 rubicon recon with 35’s, heavy ass 1.75” wheel spacers on oem wheels (because I’m going metal cloak lift here soon) oem steel bumpers front and back, everything else stock. But I am in vegas at over 2000 ft above sea level, and it’s hot as shit here.

drburns

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elevation definitely hurts. I’m at sea level. I’ve got the steel bumpers too. The Borla exhaust shaves a couple of pounds off too. This has a sub 7 sec run in it for sure on the other maps.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
Finished installing the mishimoto Intercooler pipe and DV+. Got the wheels spinning on Map2 when the turbo kicked in.
Very nice combo but the installl is a pain
Sponsored