Sponsored

Bumper weight question for JLR 2.0 owners

Aim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2020 2 Door
Bumper weight question, replacing the plastic rubi. I just installed the Mopar lift yesterday (have to say wow it handles and rides soooo much better than stock!) and will be running new wheels and 35 Nitto Trail’s. Do I need to be over concerned about the weight of my new front bumper? I have a RR Arcus in transit (still considering a couple others all around the same weight) weighing about 70lbs and will install a winch. I have been going back and forth on the RH Aluminum Mid-width (37lbs) but to be honest I prefer the shorty to mid-shorty look. I have read where some 2.0 owners have found having some added weight on the front end is beneficial both on and off road. Yet in the past many 3.6 owners have worried about sagging and such. I previously owned a JK Willys with 2” BDS lift w/35 Nitto without any noticeable issues although having the JL w/Mopar lift I can say my JK rode like crap lol I just didn’t know any better. Thoughts on the bumper weight concerns please.
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I'm in for the pics - this sounds exactly what I plan on doing work my front end. Please keep us updated with in progress pics and what you find!

Reactions: Aim