Bumper to fender filler

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
My JL is not here so I can't go look. On Sport models there is a 3 inch filler between the plastic bumper and the fender on each side, I've seen mods where this is removed and it's not on the Rubicon. Does anyone know if that's just a screw/snap on piece or does it have to be cut out?
Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
You have to remove the lower main splash guard/air dam bolts and all of the push rivets. Then you can turn the wheels either way and remove all of the little screws. It's a royal PITA as the screws are super long and lock-tited in, and it's hard to use power tools on most of them. It took me like 2 hours to do both sides. It sucked, but was worth it in the end!

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
What's the deal with this piece between the bumper and fender?
Until yesterday, I wasn't aware it exists because the JLUS that I bought in August doesn't have them.
I don't like the look of them so I'm not disappointed but now I am curious about them.
Which model(s) are supposed to have them?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Until yesterday, I wasn't aware it exists because the JLUS that I bought in August doesn't have them.
I don't like the look of them so I'm not disappointed but now I am curious about them.
It's only on the sport and sport S.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Only the sport and sport S. It is the Euro keeps that have them due to different laws over there. Not sure why they made their way into states/Canada but probably just another little touch to differentiate the sport between the Sahara and rubicon. I took mine off the first day I picked up our JL. There’s a whole forum thread usually very near the top that has a lot of posts about this. They are easily removable. Some have even cut them to allow the part that covers the fog lights to be re-installed.
Sponsored