Bumper recommendations?

Artiead

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2018 4-Door JL
I am purchasing 2018 rubicon JL. The dealership has a Rubicon with all features I want but also has the factory added steel bumpers. I was looking into aftermarket bumpers for a more rugged look. I really don’t want to Lu the dealership $1300 for factory steel bumpers when I get better aftermarket bumper. Does anyone have recommendations on quality bumpers?
Sponsored

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
I am purchasing 2018 rubicon JL. The dealership has a Rubicon with all features I want but also has the factory added steel bumpers. I was looking into aftermarket bumpers for a more rugged look. I really don’t want to Lu the dealership $1300 for factory steel bumpers when I get better aftermarket bumper. Does anyone have recommendations on quality bumpers?
Honestly I was thinking the same thing when I ordered mine without the steel bumper group and I do regret it. It's really grown on me and lots of great builds I have seen retain the factory steel bumper and take off the end caps, but that's just my opinion.

Here are two aftermarket front bumpers I am considering when I do decide to pick one up.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/xrc-gen-ii-max-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lod/jfb...y-front-bumper-with-bull-bar-jeep-wrangler-jl

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Buy the one with the steel bumpers. Take them off and sell them. Use that money to buy the bumpers you want.
That was my intention. How much are people getting for their used bumpers?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That was my intention. How much are people getting for their used bumpers?
Mine too. Once I got it though, I like the OEM steel bumpers more than I thought I would. But I haven’t taken it off road yet.

I believe that price varies. In new or excellent condition I’d think no less than maybe $800 or so but I haven’t really researched it closely because I’m thinking of keeping mine.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubicon came with the plastic bumper but I really liked the factory steel (the only real thing my off-the-lot gem was missing). Found one locally that was in really good shape for $850 including LED fog lights, skid plate, and winch plate (I'm really happy with the upgrade!). Of course YMMV depending on whether you sell them with or without the fogs, local demand for the OEM bumper, etc.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have recommendations on quality bumpers?
My personal favorite for the rear bumper is Go Rhino's full width Rockline bumper. Provides a great option for adding back-up lights (the LED revers lights... well... don't), relocates the license plate (most rear bumpers force you to move the plate to the spare tire location), and includes shackle mounting points.

Quadrateh Go Rhino 371200T Rockline bumper.jpg

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Just got word my Warn Elite rear bumper will be here on Friday. I will post pics once I get it installed

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'd suggest combing the forum for the bumper threads... we've all got our opinions on quality & there's buyer's bias. There are really are only a small handful to avoid. Our friendly neighborhood mod @JAY also has the right idea. We've got plenty of pictures up in the 'What did you do TO...' thread and also the bumper threads. We're a visual bunch.

And good luck with / congratulations on the purchase.
Sponsored