Sponsored

Bumper mounted Swing out Tire carrier vs. HD replacement hinge tire carrier

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
Got any pics of the carrier open?
How far does the tire stick out?
What kind of mounting brackets are on there (I know you said Rotopax, curious if you can mount Jerrycans, etc)?
Did those back up lights come with it?
How was the install?
I like the wrap around coverage of the bumper.
Sorry for all the questions.
Also, unrelated: I like those half doors? What are they?

got any pictures for comparison?
How was the install? I've heard some difficulties on different accounts.
I will send some pictures when I get home of it open. The tire is pulled up real tight against the carrier and is 13.5" wide + the carrier around 6" or so.
The rotopak mounts are on the LOD website. Yes, you can have Jerrycans. They have mounts for vert/hor high lifts, Tools/shovels, top rack over the tire, etc. U can spend a lot of money on their site and will be happy as hell when it is all installed..... :like:
The install went great. Did it by myself with a floor jack as LOD suggests. The bumper alone is extremely heavy duty.
The half doors are DV8 w/aluminum inserts. Attached are before/after powder coat pictures.

Door1st.jpg

Door2nd.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I went with Rusty's, but haven't installed it yet.
Have you had a chance to install yet? I'm interested in the Rusty's Carrier, but want to see more pics/first hand accounts.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had a chance to install yet? I'm interested in the Rusty's Carrier, but want to see more pics/first hand accounts.
No, not yet. I am going to cut off the extra part that provides reinforcing by the handle. I really have no desire to drill holes in the tailgate. Should be nice here this weekend, so I hope to get some garage stuff done.
Sponsored