Bumper issues with fog lights

PRod

First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2019
Hi everyone, I recently purchased the 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I did NOT opt for LED lights.
I have been researching new steel front bumpers to replace the stock. It seems like there is a lot of difficulty finding one that is compatible with the Halogen fog lights.

I'd like to purchase this, or one similar to the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper. After speaking with extreme terrain customer service, they told me I'd have to purchase aftermarket LED lights to go with this bumper.

My questions are: Can I keep the original halogen lights & find a way to make them fit into the Barricade bumper with a bracket or something? Anyone experience this and have a better solution? Are there any bumpers that actually fit the halogen fog lights?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
It took me a while to find a bumper that was cost effective, designed the way I wanted, and relatively decent quality. I bought this one EAG Stubby Front Bumper with Jack Mount Bracket and Fog Light Housing Fit for 18-19 Jeep Wrangler JL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J37WGFW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sX8jDbNFNG81Z

From Amazon with that Amazon return policy. It came as expected a few surface scratches that cleaned off, but overall easy to install. These are steel bumpers so take note that they will drop the from some, especially since you want to go full width. I bought a can of spray on Bedliner in case any scruff were deep, but they all washed right off and stayed off. There was no noticable sag, but the front did drop and I did/won't add a winch. I left a review with photos. Check out the Sting-Grey Jeep.. oh and the fog lights were plug and play. It took me 3 hours uninstalling the euro stock bumper, and putting this one on with wiring and all. I had never done any mods on a vehicle before this.

Good luck!

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Im looking at the same bumper and I am wondering the same thing. It seems 3 or 4 manufacturers make this same style but the Rampage Rock Rage bumper apparently does accept the factory fog lights, at least from what I can tell on the Quadratec reviews. Two things I dont like about the Rampage bumper are it doesnt have the 5 cutout holes in the lower section and it has their "R" logo right up front....some reviews also say the Rampage is thicker steel too

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
There are 3 fog light mounting designs regardless of halogen or led it depends on the bumper, sport gets used a 3 hole mount, the Sahara and Rubicon plastic uses a 4 hole which matches the 12+ jk plastic bumper fog lights, and the steel bumper which uses a 2 hole mount which matches the jk steel bumper fog lights.

For the barricade bumper it will only work with the halogen and led Sahara and plastic Rubicon bumper fog lights. I figured this by looking at their install direction which the source from their customer, and it required grinding big frame holes out so that tells me bad tolerances on bumper manufacturing. Most likely this bumper was designed for the jk by a white box Chinese company and et just picked them from a catalog.

Et is a shit company, they probably have never put this bumper on a JL and the person you talked to probably has never touched one. They have absolute shit fitment guides and tell their reps to say buy the LEDs to sell you more.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hi everyone, I recently purchased the 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I did NOT opt for LED lights.
I have been researching new steel front bumpers to replace the stock. It seems like there is a lot of difficulty finding one that is compatible with the Halogen fog lights.

I'd like to purchase this, or one similar to the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper. After speaking with extreme terrain customer service, they told me I'd have to purchase aftermarket LED lights to go with this bumper.

My questions are: Can I keep the original halogen lights & find a way to make them fit into the Barricade bumper with a bracket or something? Anyone experience this and have a better solution? Are there any bumpers that actually fit the halogen fog lights?

Thanks in advance
:like:

upload_2019-7-12_12-14-29.png

Sponsored

Khojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It took me a while to find a bumper that was cost effective, designed the way I wanted, and relatively decent quality. I bought this one EAG Stubby Front Bumper with Jack Mount Bracket and Fog Light Housing Fit for 18-19 Jeep Wrangler JL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J37WGFW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sX8jDbNFNG81Z

From Amazon with that Amazon return policy. It came as expected a few surface scratches that cleaned off, but overall easy to install. These are steel bumpers so take note that they will drop the from some, especially since you want to go full width. I bought a can of spray on Bedliner in case any scruff were deep, but they all washed right off and stayed off. There was no noticable sag, but the front did drop and I did/won't add a winch. I left a review with photos. Check out the Sting-Grey Jeep.. oh and the fog lights were plug and play. It took me 3 hours uninstalling the euro stock bumper, and putting this one on with wiring and all. I had never done any mods on a vehicle before this.

Good luck!
Hey did u have any issues taking the foglights off? I got the same bumper per ur post.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I also have an LOD Destroyer bumper. The OEM halogen lights from my Rubicon were an easy installation. The build quality and powder coating were both top notch.

349E177B-CD0C-47FE-8476-029816E5D994.jpeg

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Hey did u have any issues taking the foglights off? I got the same bumper per ur post.
No issues whatsoever. I used the OEM housing and cables. Zip tied them to the inside winch plate and along the connecting bracket. I also used some electrical tape around the connectors as another safety precaution. It was my first time doing this at all so I was not confident in my ability to secure everything. Rain, wind, summer storms, highway, a few 400 miles road trips. Nothing has come apart or disconnected.

**Edit I had previously installed LED fog bulbs inside the factory housing as well.

20190628_204618.jpg

20190628_204634.jpg

Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Next step later tonight is fog light swap.

20190829_224006.jpg
It looks good! Happy to have thrown this out into the mix. The green makes it look mean and the winch is a nice add-on. Let me know how the fog lights turn out.

Khojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It looks good! Happy to have thrown this out into the mix. The green makes it look mean and the winch is a nice add-on. Let me know how the fog lights turn out.
The foglights came out good. I just had to remove the original bracket around the sport foglight and swapped with adapter that came with bumper. Thanks again for your post

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Bringing this thread back as I had a related question. I am looking at bumpers but have Rubicon LED fogs. Some bumpers I like do not have direct placement or housing for them. Some do (LOD, Rugged Ridge). The question is if I go with a non fog light compatible bumper and do not wire the fogs will it error out in the dash? Is there a way around this?
Sponsored