Sponsored

Bumper and tire carrier

TankMarenJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler U- 2019 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 35” tire on the back of my Jeep complete with aftermarket tire carrier set up. The back door needs to be “lifted up” to shut and lock. I removed the tire and shut the door with ease. I’m assuming the tire is weighing the door down.

Would a bumper with a tire carrier (swing gate) be more efficient to bare the weight? Or do I try and see if I can tighten anything on the installed tire carrier?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have a 35” tire on the back of my Jeep complete with aftermarket tire carrier set up. The back door needs to be “lifted up” to shut and lock. I removed the tire and shut the door with ease. I’m assuming the tire is weighing the door down.

Would a bumper with a tire carrier (swing gate) be more efficient to bare the weight? Or do I try and see if I can tighten anything on the installed tire carrier?
Motobilt has an excellent tire carrier that replaces the hinge and provides a secure method for the tire. A rear bumper tire carrier is also a great option but the price will hover around 2 times as much

Brett

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You need to adjust the tailgate. It is easy to do and an easy fix. There are four bolt that hook into the tailgate on the hing. Loosen the four bolts adjust until it closes correctly.

OP
OP

TankMarenJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler U- 2019 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You need to adjust the tailgate. It is easy to do and an easy fix. There are four bolt that hook into the tailgate on the hing. Loosen the four bolts adjust until it closes correctly.
Thanks- I will try

Lockheed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW X4
ACE engineering makes an excellent carrier that replaces factory hinges

My tire and rim weighs close to 100 lbs
Opens and closes like a dream
Sponsored