Structural Technician

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Seems okay, but not sure what to compare it to. 7 months on the jeep. Rain, wind, highway. No rust, yet. Hasnā€™t been beat on either.
Thanks. For $87 looks like a decent buy. I can t see spending $2-300+ on one of these things.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Thanks. For $87 looks like a decent buy. I can t see spending $2-300+ on one of these things.
Like I said before, it came with the bumper, so it went on. I like the look, and itā€™s not too tall.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Aren't bull bars illegal in some states?

https://www.truebil.com/blog/4-reasons-why-bull-bars-should-be-avoided-in-vehicles

1. Bull-bars are dangerous for pedestrians, cyclists and two wheeler riders. Especially when cars are being designed to reduce the impact of a crash on pedestrians, bull-bars cause serious injuries and death to other road users as they often jut out of a car during a crash.
Perhaps those protestors would be better served and SAFER, conducting their antics curbside or perhaps the sidewalk as opposed to the interstate, bridge or other busy highway that is used by us working folks.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
JeepĀ®-Wrangler-4xe-Concept-for-SEMA-2021.-Mopar-7-scaled.jpg

I WANT!!!

GIVE ME!!!
What bumper is that?!

IMG_4321.jpg

+1 to "bull" bar. Modest. Multiple light mounts, tie points (awnings, tents, etc), winch protection (from what I don't know), improved stance (looks only). Definitely +1.
Bumper madness! Where are they all coming from!? I'm loving so many options šŸ˜

Sponsored

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
The stock plastic bumper has heavy metal behind it, I just made and added steel brackets under the plastic to mount this Warn bar...easy.
20210423_150330.jpg
@Outlawd,
I like your solution. Is that the Warn "Low Grille Guard Tube for JL & JT Bumper - 102355" ?

As this is an affordable option it's something I'm considering. Do you have any photos of inside the bumper and how you attached the bar with the brackets you fabricated?

I don't have a metal shop...

Thanks!

Last edited:

407Lou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, '16 Challenger Hellcat
All I want is a mid height bull bar that mounts to the OEM metal Rubicon bumper. Sadly there is none to be found and Warn doesn't even reply to inquiries any longer.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I just received the KUAFU Jeep Wrangler Grille Winch Guard Compatible with JL JT Gladiator Replacement for Part# 82215351, $87.50 from amazon. Appears to be a near exact knock-off of the Mopar bar for $250. Quality looks good, powdercoating is good, no scratches, etc. Will go on our OEM steel front bumper when our JLU finally shows up. The major difference I see is that this bar uses only 2 bolts per side vs 3 on the Mopar. Appears you can install it leaning forward or rearward.

Sorry for the poor pics, the bumper is currently in the garage attic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bull bar vs. No Bull bar? Wrangler JLU bull bar

Jeep Wrangler JL Bull bar vs. No Bull bar? JLU bull bar forward

Jeep Wrangler JL Bull bar vs. No Bull bar? JLU bull bar rearward

Sponsored

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

All I want is a mid height bull bar that mounts to the OEM metal Rubicon bumper. Sadly there is none to be found and Warn doesn't even reply to inquiries any longer.
Maybe find a local welder that can bend tubing, take your hole pattern and fab something up per your specs? You can paint and install.

407Lou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe find a local welder that can bend tubing, take your hole pattern and fab something up per your specs? You can paint and install.
Yes, I've actually been thinking of doing that. May have to get serious about it.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
@Outlawd,
I like your solution. Is that the Warn "Low Grille Guard Tube for JL & JT Bumper - 102355" ?

As this is an affordable option it's something I'm considering. Do you have any photos of inside the bumper and how you attached the bar with the brackets you fabricated?

I don't have a metal shop...

Thanks!
Yes that is the low grille guard. Sorry I never took any pics when I had it apart.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I opted for the Maximus-3 SLP bull bar. It's 2.5" tubing, which in my opinion looks better than the typical 2" ones, and they offer optional chassis reinforcement brackets. The brackets bridge the gap between the underside of where the bull bar mounts to the bumper and the frame. In the event of an incident, the bull bar would otherwise bent the top of the bumper downwards as the bar pushed back towards the grill.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bull bar vs. No Bull bar? JLU bull bar rearward
Which size LPs are you running from Baja?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Which size LPs are you running from Baja?
They are the LP4 Pros with amber spot/widecornering lenses. With their included mounts, they measure 6" tall, so its a tight fit under the Maximus-3 SLP bull bar. These don't have the low circuit like the LP6's and LP9's, just hi with the amber backlight.
Sponsored