Built a Roxor

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Went to the Roxor site and built one through the online builder. Fully loaded with exception of the tank trax. I just wanted to see how much it would add up to. These things aren't even street legal are they!? $44 THOUSAND DOLLARS!? I paid that for INDOMINUS and she is so much more badass, capable, safe and I can drive her to work!

Screenshot_20190520-163549.png
Screenshot_20190520-163611.png
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Whats a "INDOMINUS"?

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What kind of options are even available on these things? I can see 15-20k for a nice off road vehicle, but 44k is ridiculous.

OP
OP
blessidsoul12

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
What kind of options are even available on these things? I can see 15-20k for a nice off road vehicle, but 44k is ridiculous.
I know, right!?

AC
Aluminum wheels + spare
Matte hood decal
Enclosed cabin
2nd row bench seat
Front and rear lockers
Winch
AAAAAND....that's about it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I know, right!?

AC
Aluminum wheels + spare
Matte hood decal
Enclosed cabin
2nd row bench seat
Front and rear lockers
Winch
AAAAAND....that's about it.
Wow. You can buy a side by side and put a closed cabin on it for half that. What a joke.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
these are sort of like wwII jeeps. my father had one when i was growing up. its what i learned to drive a clutch with and the thing was a blast. one of my favorite cars of all times. but was street legal.

thing would go anywhere more or less due to its small size. and i dont think it would go much faster than around 50 mph.

my father used it like a modern side-by-side. flat tow it to some place and then use the jeep to get back in the woods for trout fishing.

i've always wanted a wwII jeep just for the memories but around here the roxor would not be street legal (GA).

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I had never heard of this until this thread. I'm in the market for a new working sxs. I really like the WWII style, the 4-cyldinder standard, 3490lbs of towing would make an awesome work horse. Built one out, which you can do for a whole lot less than 44k. Looked up dealers, then saw the payload was only 349lbs. That's pretty horrible.

Sponsored

MoltenJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
I have no idea how you got that one up to $45K and that is truly insane. No one should ever.... But....

I got to drive the $15K Roxor on the trails surrounding Emipre Co area back in September and let me tell you these things with the little diesel are a beast. The one we drove had the governor removed and could easily skirt 55 mph all be it terrifying in a small CJ2A w/ no air bags doors or roof.

I left the day wanting one bad. If someone is shopping a UTV this is the one to buy. Not as glitzy as a Yamaha or a Polaris, but old school jeep people just get it once they run this thing up a incline with the lockers engaged. Plus it being a size down from a normal Jeep lets it go all types of places a normal jeep can't get to.

In other words Don't hate appreciate.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
It seems like Mahindra built the Roxor such that it could easily be made street legal in many states, and serve almost as a test for future road legal vehicles.

It comes with headlights and DOT tires. The diesel meets European emissions and, especially with a tune, can easily keep up with traffic. While there is no turn signals, the wiring is installed to accommodate aftermarket, plug n play signals. DOT windshields are available and many have been able to put CJ windshields on.

Some states allow them on road, but limited to low speed roads, but in others they can have complete access.

I think many of the options from Mahindra can be had for much less in the aftermarket.
Sponsored