Sponsored

Build & Price tool on jeep.com has changed

subigo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Has anyone else noticed that Jeep has changed the build tool on their website? It looks like they updated it today and it's awful. I've tried on three separate devices and it fails to load either images or options every time.

The original tool wasn't great, but I'm not sure why they changed it to this... I'm trying to build one out with a dealer right now and they can't get it to work either.
Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I just went to it and once they work out the bugs i think it is great. Very easy to just scroll down for the full build instead of going through different pages. I also like as you scroll down the picture moves/changes along with the section you are in.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Works fine here. Win10 Pro + Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (64 bit). I agree with CT_LFC above that the new layout is, IMO, an improvement.

OP
OP

subigo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I must have caught them as changes were being pushed or something... things are a lot smoother now.

Sponsored

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Model year cutover for FCA has always been September 1. We are a long ways away from that.
There was a calendar that showed production starting in July for 2020. I have an order pending with Criswell, but asked them to hold off until June because the "launch curve" for 2020 is the first week of June. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm hoping it means that they begin taking orders for MY2020. I need to get the order in soon though, because I'm PCSing to hawaii and will need a vehicle when I get there.

OP
OP

subigo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
There was a calendar that showed production starting in July for 2020. I have an order pending with Criswell, but asked them to hold off until June because the "launch curve" for 2020 is the first week of June. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm hoping it means that they begin taking orders for MY2020. I need to get the order in soon though, because I'm PCSing to hawaii and will need a vehicle when I get there.
From what I've been told by a regional FCA rep, the curve is for the launch of the diesel and hybrid models. 2020 V6/V4 gas models will be available in the Fall.

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
From what I've been told by a regional FCA rep, the curve is for the launch of the diesel and hybrid models. 2020 V6/V4 gas models will be available in the Fall.
This makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
FCA is now charging for the majority of colors in Canada. I'm assuming this will be the case in the US also....

Screenshot_20190531-142310_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Has anyone else noticed that Jeep has changed the build tool on their website? It looks like they updated it today and it's awful. I've tried on three separate devices and it fails to load either images or options every time.

The original tool wasn't great, but I'm not sure why they changed it to this... I'm trying to build one out with a dealer right now and they can't get it to work either.
I had played on the other one so many times, had every step memorized in my sleep! (You too???) This one is nicer, but... they need to rework the order. If you don’t choose packages and powertrain before interior, it creates a lot of confusion where it jumps you around. The natural order of flow should be: Exterior...Powertrain... Packages... Interior. An example of why their order is not in the best sequence is when choosing your sound/nav upgrade and "remote-start" within the "Interior" section, it temporarily throws you into other screens that you have to come back to again anyway.

Last edited: