OP
OP
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 wrangler , 2021 wrangler on the way
I would contact Jeep chat and ask them for progress. The build sheet doesn’t get created until your Jeep goes down the assembly line.
Thanks for the info man, I thought it was generated when I got the VIN. I was told it was scheduled to begin it's build on 08/05. Thanks again for your help.
Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I priced up a Rubicon with a 3.6L/V6 engine on the website on 7/8. Went to the dealer and they confirmed on their order configurator that everything was ok and gave a final price. I came back in on 7/12 to order but couldn't. Jeep marketing has decided that if you want a 3.6L/V6 on a Rubicon, you have to add the 35" tires & lift kit....or go with the Fiat 2.0L/4 engine. Supposedly this is their answer to the Bronco. All it is doing is causing a long-time Jeep owner (11 over 35 years) to think if I should switch to a Bronco.
Bye…

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I priced up a Rubicon with a 3.6L/V6 engine on the website on 7/8. Went to the dealer and they confirmed on their order configurator that everything was ok and gave a final price. I came back in on 7/12 to order but couldn't. Jeep marketing has decided that if you want a 3.6L/V6 on a Rubicon, you have to add the 35" tires & lift kit....or go with the Fiat 2.0L/4 engine. Supposedly this is their answer to the Bronco. All it is doing is causing a long-time Jeep owner (11 over 35 years) to think if I should switch to a Bronco.
I am getting different ordering parameters from different dealers in my area. One guy tells me I have to order proxy keys for my bare bones Rubicon build. No thanks....next dealer tells me if I want the tow package, I need the proxy keys....no thanks. Now Im hearing from above post that if you want a 3.6 v6 Rubicon, you need to add on the 5k option of lift and 35" tires!. This is not my idea of a customers own personalized special order that people put time and thought in and requires a.deposit and then patience as it will take.a.few.months to be built.
So much for choosing your own options, if they told me I had to drop another 5k on my stock Rubicon for lift and tires, I would have walked away very disappointed never to return .....this needs to change! Let the consumer pick what they want not what you think they need....

Sponsored

MudHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon (Bright White)
I am getting different ordering parameters from different dealers in my area. One guy tells me I have to order proxy keys for my bare bones Rubicon build. No thanks....next dealer tells me if I want the tow package, I need the proxy keys....no thanks. Now Im hearing from above post that if you want a 3.6 v6 Rubicon, you need to add on the 5k option of lift and 35" tires!. This is not my idea of a customers own personalized special order that people put time and thought in and requires a.deposit and then patience as it will take.a.few.months to be built.
So much for choosing your own options, if they told me I had to drop another 5k on my stock Rubicon for lift and tires, I would have walked away very disappointed never to return .....this needs to change! Let the consumer pick what they want not what you think they need....

The dealer told me his build tool required remote proximity keyless entry (an option which I didn't really need but can live with) as well. I wonder if this could be due to shortages for the other types of keys or something? Going by the website as it is right now, I don't see any requirement for 35" tire and lift package for a Rubicon on the 2021 models..

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
The dealer told me his build tool required remote proximity keyless entry (an option which I didn't really need but can live with) as well. I wonder if this could be due to shortages for the other types of keys or something? Going by the website as it is right now, I don't see any requirement for 35" tire and lift package for a Rubicon on the 2021 models..
Dealers and manufacturers are trying to increase MSRP's right now on the stuff they know they can sell. If you are parts constrained and can sell every 60k Rubicon you make without incentives, it doesn't make much sense to waste capacity building a 50k one. You're just leaving money on the table.

I expect they'll be more flexible when stuff calms down.

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
"Doors Off Mirrors" have been available for a while now. As a side note, I bought the Tube Door mounting mirrors that everyone has been waiting for. Received them last month- now time to get the tube doors! Here's the body mounted mirrors which reflect the build option I believe.

Jeep Wrangler JL Build options changed on Jeep.com dooroffmirrors

MudHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon (Bright White)
Dealers and manufacturers are trying to increase MSRP's right now on the stuff they know they can sell. If you are parts constrained and can sell every 60k Rubicon you make without incentives, it doesn't make much sense to waste capacity building a 50k one. You're just leaving money on the table.

I expect they'll be more flexible when stuff calms down.

I get what you're saying, my Rubicon was under $50k MSRP though. The only option I didn't ask for that got tossed in was the proximity entry, which he told me was showing as required on the V6 with eTorque in the build tool. I got everything else I wanted, exactly, at %5.3 under MSRP.

Sponsored

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
"Doors Off Mirrors" have been available for a while now. As a side note, I bought the Tube Door mounting mirrors that everyone has been waiting for. Received them last month- now time to get the tube doors! Here's the body mounted mirrors which reflect the build option I believe.

dooroffmirrors.jpg
Interesting, those are Jeep TJ (2003-2006) mirrors. Jeep is getting their money out of those molds!

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The website is not the most accurate. They are very slow to update.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Jeep marketing has decided that if you want a 3.6L/V6 on a Rubicon, you have to add the 35" tires & lift kit....or go with the Fiat 2.0L/4 engine. Supposedly this is their answer to the Bronco. All it is doing is causing a long-time Jeep owner (11 over 35 years) to think if I should switch to a Bronco.
I wish I had seen this post earlier this week as I tried to order a $54,675 Rubicon but was denied. It would have tempered my expectations a bit. Out of spite to Jeep I ordered a ‘22 4R TRD Pro. How could Jeep be so arrogant as to mandate crap like this?

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I used Harley Davidson Dynaglide mirrors in the door hinges of my JK when I went doorless. Worked great, and were not huge.
Sponsored