Sponsored

BUGS!! Cleaning dead bug guts off your vehicle?

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Shine Supply - Wet detailer, Stack it with Clutch…basically a very temporary sealant/ceramic coat. Clutch also protects the plastic and keeps it deep black and shining. Bug Off is their Bug Remover. Apply in the shade, let it dwell 30 seconds or so, pressure wash off. Use intermittently if needed while hand washing. Keeping bugs off starts with getting a nice layer of silica on the paint or ceramic coat.

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
i buy
Jeep Wrangler JL BUGS!! Cleaning dead bug guts off your vehicle? bug.PNG
at Walmart. 1 gallon at a time and pore it into a squirt bottle.
its only around $4 a gallon.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Chisel honed on my 8000 grit block. They come right off. Once in a while you have to still use a small mallet but be careful, the windshield is glass!

kbp810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Sprayway glass cleaner; it works wonders for bug removal on the go. A trucker once recommended it to us on a long road trip, after watching us unsuccessfully trying to clean our windshield with a squeegee and windex. Sprayed a thin layer, the one easy wipe and boom, clean. Have kept a can or two handy ever since.

Especially comes in handy now that we’ve recently moved and live in bugageddon territory…

J-Dub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe Rubicon
Shine Supply - Wet detailer, Stack it with Clutch…basically a very temporary sealant/ceramic coat. Clutch also protects the plastic and keeps it deep black and shining. Bug Off is their Bug Remover. Apply in the shade, let it dwell 30 seconds or so, pressure wash off. Use intermittently if needed while hand washing. Keeping bugs off starts with getting a nice layer of silica on the paint or ceramic coat.
Give Wet Detailer topped with Punch It a try, much easier than stacking with Clutch.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
In the past I used the soft side of Scrubs or Tub O Towels on an already wet surface and it worked amazingly well. Never saw any damage to paint or surface in the last 22 years of doing it on several different makes of vehicles. Now since using Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray and Meguires Ultimate Wash & Wax it hasn't been necessary to use the scrubs to get the bugs off.

Jeep Wrangler JL BUGS!! Cleaning dead bug guts off your vehicle? cleaners

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I have one of those brush attachments for my drill. got a kit with like 20 different brush options from amazon for around $19. I just dunk the brush in soapy water every so often. Takes no elbow grease at all, just keep running the brush over the spot until its clean. Some of the waxes and treatments other people have mentioned will help bugs not stick so well, but I'm patient enough to take another few seconds for each spot.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I have posted this before, (Bugs Begone). I swear by this product. I purchased a gallon of the concentrate off the internet and mix what I need. A hell of a lot cheaper than paying 8 bucks for a spray bottle. First wet the area hood lights windshield etc. then spray on and wait about 3 minutes. You must wet the area first because it is water activated. You can actually watch the bugs disintegration before your eyes. For tough patches repeat. I will not use anything but this product. You will be happy with this product.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Forgot to mention it melts love bugs here in Florida. 😀

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Give Wet Detailer topped with Punch It a try, much easier than stacking with Clutch.
Good point…I also use punch it on top of all that…OVERKILL!😂

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sure they are a bit harder to remove than dirt/mud but not by much? I usually soap the front and let it sit while I do the rest. Once I get back to the bugs they usually wipe away or with a bit of scrubbing.

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
I use warm water with a little Dawn in it (if it is good enough for duckies...) and wipe with a microfiber towel. I just had to clean a million corpses off my grille, bumper, and windshield yesterday. Drove 3.5 hours home from Green Bay in the evening after an all day rain shower. The humidity brought them out in droves. At one point, I ran into a huge cloud of them. I was sure they dented my Jeep, lol.
Sponsored