Sponsored

Budget 3inch lift with 35s for JL Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon
Hey guys, I am not great with cars and parts and am currently looking into doing some stuff to my JL. I had a mopar 2inch and 35s on my JK and now would like to do a 3inch with 35s. I know when you go bigger you sometimes need to upgrade other components so I am asking would i need to do any other work besides wheels and lift? Also im in college and do not want to break the bank on this build but am also willing to pay for durable parts.

Hope you all have a good day
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The JL Rubicon is set up to take larger tires way easier than the JK was. For example, this picture is 35” tires and only has a 1” spacer lift. Lots of people are running 35” tires with no lift.

FE7C3528-010E-4F38-99A2-F88DF8AC497B.jpeg

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon
The JL Rubicon is set up to take larger tires way easier than the JK was. For example, this picture is 35” tires and only has a 1” spacer lift. Lots of people are running 35” tires with no lift.

FE7C3528-010E-4F38-99A2-F88DF8AC497B.jpeg
thank you, i really like your rims (what are they) and yeah I heard that about the rubicons, I think im going to grab 35s with some rims first and then hopefully add the lift.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
thank you, i really like your rims (what are they) and yeah I heard that about the rubicons, I think im going to grab 35s with some rims first and then hopefully add the lift.
They are the Mopar Simulated Beadlock Wheels

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The JL and JK are quite different when it comes to lifts and tires. You can run 35s on a JL Rubicon with no lift.

I'm running 40 inch tires with a 3.5 inch lift. I'd strongly discourage adding a 3 Inch lift for 35s.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon
The JL and JK are quite different when it comes to lifts and tires. You can run 35s on a JL Rubicon with no lift.

I'm running 40 inch tires with a 3.5 inch lift. I'd strongly discourage adding a 3 Inch lift for 35s.

hey so besides suspension, shocks and bigger wheels, what else did you need to upgrade? Some of my friends have DCD custom builds and were telling me once you go past a 3 inch lift you need to upgrade other components too?

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Hey guys, I am not great with cars and parts and am currently looking into doing some stuff to my JL. I had a mopar 2inch and 35s on my JK and now would like to do a 3inch with 35s. I know when you go bigger you sometimes need to upgrade other components so I am asking would i need to do any other work besides wheels and lift? Also im in college and do not want to break the bank on this build but am also willing to pay for durable parts.

Hope you all have a good day
1/ You will feel the 35s on acceleration. You probably don't need to re-gear, but you will feel it for sure. I am running 35s on a JLUR with the 6-spd manual and I definitely feel the lost acceleration despite the lower Rubicon gearing.

2/ The MOPAR "2 inch" lift is a pretty good bang-for-the-buck option for you because (a) it is way more than 2 inches of lift - universally acknowledged to be closer to 3-4 on a jeep without tons of armor and certainly a solid 3 on my jeep, even with a winch and steel bumper (b) it comes with very good Fox shocks, (c) it comes with longer front lower control arms so you don't get into castor problems (d) it is pretty cheap for a fairly complete lift - list price is around $1500, but I got mine for $1100.

The one thing I feel needs to be done after this lift, and which I am in the process of doing on my jeep, is front and rear trackbar relocation brackets to bring the trackbars back more towards parallel to the axle and fix the roll center geometry - once I lifted the jeep, I definitely got more of a squirmy fish-tail kind of feeling when transitioning into and out of turns. The relocation brackets are cheap and should help a lot.

chaseshort

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Jeep Wrangler JL Budget 3inch lift with 35s for JL Rubicon FE7C3528-010E-4F38-99A2-F88DF8AC497B
Sorry to revive an old thread, what budget boost did you use? Any rubbing at full flex?
Sponsored