Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
That is perforation only. (Rust holes)

I had my corroding hinges denied within the 5 year window on my JK.
It seems to be a crap shoot. There are plenty of people on this board that have had just the bubbles covered. But there are those that have had it denied as well. I'm going to be calling the dealer soon to look at mine, as well as my disconnected rear window defroster.

PghJeeper88

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It seems to be a crap shoot. There are plenty of people on this board that have had just the bubbles covered. But there are those that have had it denied as well. I'm going to be calling the dealer soon to look at mine, as well as my disconnected rear window defroster.
My rear defroster was broken as well... I've owned this Jeep for 2 weeks..

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager
My rear defroster was broken as well... I've owned this Jeep for 2 weeks..
Unfortunately that will be out of the warranty period, but a much cheaper repair. At least these aren't debilitating problems.

PghJeeper88

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately that will be out of the warranty period, but a much cheaper repair. At least these aren't debilitating problems.
Yeah I'm not too bothered by that. I'm more worried about the thousands of dollars I will have to spend to fix some paint bubbles.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Just drove by the lot and saw mine got back from paint. I asked them to order new bolts and paint the doors after they were mounted and primered so the hinges didn’t look like garbage. You can tell they listened :(

E949EF50-60C9-40E8-8907-2CD4B7137E90.jpeg

AA19836E-153E-4095-BAC3-13658499D6CC.jpeg
And that Dealership is proud of that. I'd write a review they would never forget . Call Jeep cares not Acceptable

PghJeeper88

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And that Dealership is proud of that. I'd write a review they would never forget . Call Jeep cares not Acceptable
Oh I’m sure they are. They won’t respond to a single email. I call and get put on hold

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
yup. in my case (out of warranty), they covered 70% of the cost.

oddly enough, they fully covered the hood which seems to be the only area where FCA has an active TSB amongst all vehicles. (Common issue with pacificas and grand cherokees.)

Sponsored

PghJeeper88

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

oddly enough, they fully covered the hood which seems to be the only area where FCA has an active TSB amongst all vehicles. (Common issue with pacificas and grand cherokees.)
How many miles did you have on it? I’ll take 70% over nothing! I’m hoping they will do the same for me. Though my luck isn’t usually that great.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
How many miles did you have on it? I’ll take 70% over nothing! I’m hoping they will do the same for me. Though my luck isn’t usually that great.
At the time I had 42k miles. I spoke to a fca case manager after I was initially denied for the warranty work. My service advisor at the time actually recommended I do that so give it a try!

PghJeeper88

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At the time I had 42k miles. I spoke to a fca case manager after I was initially denied for the warranty work. My service advisor at the time actually recommended I do that so give it a try!
Okay I will give it a try. I’m at 47K miles. Did you use Jeep Cares or just FCA case manager?

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager

Per the warranty it is 5 years and unlimited miles, how was it out of warranty?

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Per the warranty it is 5 years and unlimited miles, how was it out of warranty?
That's what my warranty says too !
Sponsored