JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hey guys,

My Blind Spot Monitoring is unavailable when the doors are off. Just want to confirm that's the way everyone's is or do I have a problem? And if that's the way everyone's is, has anyone found a work around for this to make it functional (when the doors are off is when you need it the most)? From what I can tell on the wiring diagram, the BSM indicators in the mirrors are the only thing that's taken out of the BSM circuit when the doors are removed. If that's the case, you'd think you would be able to have a dummy plug or jumper or something that could be plugged in when the doors are removed to allow the BSM to continue working...

Anyway, thanks in advance!
J
Sponsored

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I’ll have to try when it warms up and get back to you.

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Although my Dash says blind spot alert temporarily unavailable while I'm driving with the doors off I do get the audible warnings

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey guys,

My Blind Spot Monitoring is unavailable when the doors are off. Just want to confirm that's the way everyone's is or do I have a problem? And if that's the way everyone's is, has anyone found a work around for this to make it functional (when the doors are off is when you need it the most)? From what I can tell on the wiring diagram, the BSM indicators in the mirrors are the only thing that's taken out of the BSM circuit when the doors are removed. If that's the case, you'd think you would be able to have a dummy plug or jumper or something that could be plugged in when the doors are removed to allow the BSM to continue working...

Anyway, thanks in advance!
J
Yes because your mirrors are off and the system can’t display. It will however give you an audible.

OP
OP

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Yes because your mirrors are off and the system can’t display. It will however give you an audible.
May be just coincidence but I’ve never heard the audible with the doors off...will have to check that out.

Sponsored

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR HellaYella!
I don't think I get the audible with the doors off, and also more importantly to me the "Park Sense" warning also does not work!

I'm trying to figure out how to get around the system - I'm an electrics geek so there's a chance. So far I can tell the system not only requires the mirror warning light to be present, it also requires the door itself. I can bypass the mirror warning light easy enough, now I have to figure out what tells it when the door is present or not.

Does concern me a little about lying to it about the door -- wouldn't want that to affect the operation of the side airbag.

OP
OP

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I don't think I get the audible with the doors off, and also more importantly to me the "Park Sense" warning also does not work!

I'm trying to figure out how to get around the system - I'm an electrics geek so there's a chance. So far I can tell the system not only requires the mirror warning light to be present, it also requires the door itself. I can bypass the mirror warning light easy enough, now I have to figure out what tells it when the door is present or not.

Does concern me a little about lying to it about the door -- wouldn't want that to affect the operation of the side airbag.

There are wiring diagrams on this site that include the BSM/doors...just haven’t had time to dig into it. I was hoping it’d be something simple like jumpering it...

JLSahara2019

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara 2019
Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection rely on radar-based sensors to detect other vehicles in your blind spot zones or crossing behind you. That's how Mopar describes it.

So I suppose they are together in the sense that if the doors are off and BSM is inactive as a result of the doors being off, then also Rear Cross Path Detection would be inactive. My doors are off and BSM and RCPD are both inactive. I don't get audible sounds at all. Park Sense still works.

Thoughts? Any news?
Sponsored