OP

Leolo007

First Name
Leonel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CRV, looking to buy a JL Sport S.
Google timeline shows I was there for well over 3 hours!

Screenshot_20190706-030513__01.jpg

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
^ that was the text message.
Absolutely ridiculous how they treated you but use this experience as a chance to be a smarter shopper. #1: before visiting, check the dealer inventory and find the EXACT configuration they show in stock that fits your needs. #2: write down the Stock # / VIN # of the exact model you're interested in. #3: Contact dealer and discuss the pricing/availability of THAT exact model (use stock/VIN# in ALL written correspondence).

The moment you start asking (like in your text) about color options (or anything else, for that matter), they know that you "have not done your homework" and can take you for a ride.

Good luck in your quest for a new JLU!

Sponsored

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I’ve been in the area for several years and I’ve always heard Southern is garbage. Starr Motors in Suffolk is really good but lack of inventory so driving off the lot same day probably won’t happen. I went with Hall. If Starr had a bigger selection I’d use them, they are the only dealership I met that knew more than I about jeep wranglers. Everyone else knows a sales pitch. Good thing you stood your ground! Good luck.

MB11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I will second Koons in Sterling and I have also had good luck at Lindsay in Manassas. I have bought three vehicles their an their WOW pricing is generally better than any other discount. I just bought my JL in Culpeper and they quoted an out the door price that they stuck with as well. And it was really good.

One of the things I always do is build the Jeep i want with USAA to get a TrueCar price. That is usually a good, honest starting point to start negotiations with the various dealerships in my area.
Lindsay is terrible. They falsely advertise prices online with discounts off MSRP to get to a "LOVE IT" price. Then they try to add the destination charge that was already included in the MSRP they supposedly discounted. This on top of other hidden processing fees, etc. Very shady and rude sales guys.

Mojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I bought mine at Koons at well below invoice and couldnt be happier with the experience. You get a deeper discount because of their volume and they will have the biggest selection hands down. My local dealers are very much the same as you've experienced (I've been down that road too many times in the past) so I didnt even bother looking for my JLUR here. Not only that but I had one dealer admit they get some of their inventory from Koons after I told them where I got mine. Bottom line is most of us are hard working people who dont have time to waste so a good price and fast experience is what we look for and Koons has been the only place that checked those boxes in all the years of experience I've had. Sorry to hear you had to drag the family though that...

Forgot to mention that the online manager at Koons will send you a quote via email and you won't pay $.01 over what's stated.

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
Absolutely ridiculous how they treated you but use this experience as a chance to be a smarter shopper. #1: before visiting, check the dealer inventory and find the EXACT configuration they show in stock that fits your needs. #2: write down the Stock # / VIN # of the exact model you're interested in. #3: Contact dealer and discuss the pricing/availability of THAT exact model (use stock/VIN# in ALL written correspondence).

The moment you start asking (like in your text) about color options (or anything else, for that matter), they know that you "have not done your homework" and can take you for a ride.

Good luck in your quest for a new JLU!
This is very sound advice for next time. To be enforceable, it has to be for a specific vehicle. I'd use the VIN # to be sure. Stock numbers can be fudged.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I’ve been in the area for several years and I’ve always heard Southern is garbage. Starr Motors in Suffolk is really good but lack of inventory so driving off the lot same day probably won’t happen. I went with Hall. If Starr had a bigger selection I’d use them, they are the only dealership I met that knew more than I about jeep wranglers. Everyone else knows a sales pitch. Good thing you stood your ground! Good luck.
I purchased my last Jeep prior to my 2019 Moab in 1992 from Hall. They were fair and had great service. I would have purchased my 2019 from them if I still lived in that area.

Sponsored

Kevog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2-door
It may be worth talking to Koons in Northern VA (that is where I got mine) or Criswell in MD. Both will give you hard numbers via email or phone and won't jerk you around.

The drive is longer from Cheasapeake, VA but the buying experience is painless and you'll get a better deal.
NOOOOOO! Not Koons! The "EXACT" same thing happened to me at Koons over the last several days! I'm not doubting that you had a good experience - seems like they've had a LOT of turnover there...for the worse.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
It may be worth talking to Koons in Northern VA (that is where I got mine) or Criswell in MD. Both will give you hard numbers via email or phone and won't jerk you around.

The drive is longer from Cheasapeake, VA but the buying experience is painless and you'll get a better deal.
Jerry Dennis at Safford Jeep in Winchester is also fantastic to deal with.