LOD JRS1812 Destroyer 2 Door Frame Mounted Rock Sliders for Jeep Wrangler JL

Still yet to be purchased:
Skid plates / underbody protection

Undecided purchases:
Wheels and 35" Tires
Lift kit to accommodate 35" tires
Dual Battery Kit
Air Compressor

This will be my first Jeep in 18 years when I reluctantly sold my 1997 TJ because it wasn't a great car for transporting a newborn baby in, so after multiple years of 4-door sedans it's back to my original love!
Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Long live the manuals!

Like you, my last Jeep was a 1997 TJ and I also have a 2021 2-door MT Rubicon on order with all same options as you (except for the camera). Excited to see what you do to yours.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Congratulations!

Love the new color. Looking forward to your build thread. :beer:

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Congratulations!

Love the new color. Looking forward to your build thread. :beer:
Thanks I'm super excited!

Long live the manuals!

Like you, my last Jeep was a 1997 TJ and I also have a 2021 2-door MT Rubicon on order with all same options as you (except for the camera). Excited to see what you do to yours.
Nice, it will be a crazy experience owning a nice Rubicon compared with my '97 TJ 4 Cylinder soft top!

Sponsored

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Updates:
Bought and installed Armorlite Front flooring replacement as well as a Weathertech full cargo area liner.
New additions on order:
ARB Twin Air Compressor with Varozza under hood mount
Cooltech GMRS Antenna Mount with Midland MXT275 GMRS radio and 36" antenna
MetalCloak Front and Rear differential skid plates + Front differential cover
M.O.R.E. Oil Pan / Transmission Skid Plate (they have the one that fits the 2021 2 doors now)
M.O.R.E. Gas Tank Skid Plate
SpiderWebShade ShadeKini and Seatbelt Silencer

Shoutout to @Metalcloak for calling me only a few hours after my online purchase to let me know that it would be 1-2 weeks before they can ship out the diff skids (which is awesome considering I am waiting on some parts for 2 months now)! Also kudos to @CoolTech for giving me shipping info an hour after ordering and @SPIDERWEBSHADE for super quick shipping and good communication as well!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I got version 1 and I'm glad for the drain plug protection, but the new front skid looks like it will protect so much better. Did you have to drill the bolt holes out back here?

Sponsored

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I got version 1 and I'm glad for the drain plug protection, but the new front skid looks like it will protect so much better. Did you have to drill the bolt holes out back here?
Yes I did have to drill the two holes pictured here - don’t be like me and put the bolts upside down though (fixed them after the pic).

Last edited:
OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
My front differential had a slow leak when I changed out the cover with the new one for MetalCloak that is part of their front skid package so I took it off on Sunday, removed the factory gasket (that was supposed to be re-useable) and used the Silicone Gasket maker that came with the MetalCloak kit and put it all back together. It hasn't leaked yet but I work from home and haven't driven Wanda since then but I am hoping it is all good now.

Also after waiting for over 70 days for my Warn 101335 Elite Series Front Bumper and going back and forth with the place I ordered it from I finally canceled the order. At first they said it was in stock (On Feb 26th) and would ship the next week. Then they said it was back ordered and would be 2 weeks. Then another week, then 2-4 weeks and then finally the last 2 weeks they just kept saying "Sorry, no ETA" so I finally had enough and told them to give my money back.

So I placed an order for a rock slider engineering Full Front Bumper w/o Bull Bar Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT (https://rockslideengineering.com/product/rigid-full-front-bumper-no-bullbar-with-winch-plate-2/) and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow even though I only ordered it Tuesday! My only concern now is the Warn 101445 Elite Series Skid Plate that I received over 60 days ago because I don't know if it will fit a non-warn bumper (hoping so but we'll see).

Also ordered a Jeep JL Transfer Case Skid Plate from M.O.R.E. but I am still waiting on them to ship the Oil Pan / Transmission Skid Plate and Gas Tank Skid.

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I've had the Midland GMRS unit installed for a few weeks using Cooltech's antenna and mic mounting kit. The Mic mount could be a LOT better because it partially blocks the air vent it's by and also the mic that comes with the Midland MXT275 would hit the channel selector dial on the radio every time I would put the mic back. My buddy fabricated a wooden piece to go between the mic mounting bracket and the mic holder. It could have been fabricated to fit a lot better.
https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-je...rs_bundle_options-front_mount_antenna_bracket

AntennaWire2.jpg

AntennaWire.jpg

Mic_mount2.jpg

Mic_mount.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Today also mounted the ARB Twin Compressor using the Varozza 4x4 Mount which requires relocating the windows shield wiper fluid reservoir. Had a problem removing one of the 2 wire mounts for the PCM that need relocated and then ran into 2 issues with the reservoir. 1) Was that I have the front mounted off road camera which has a connection to the windshield wiper fluid reservoir so the camera can be cleaned off. 2) I don't know if something changed with the 2021 JL's engine compartment but the revivor mount would NOT fit properly and had to be bent and raised a bit to get it to fit. I'm going to be emailing this pics to Ben Varozza to see what he has to say because it looks a little janky mounted the way it is right now.

https://varozza-4x4-outfitters.myshopify.com/products/jeep-jl-jt-arb-twin-compressor-mount

Mounted_ARB.jpg

Battery_Wiring_ARB.jpg

NewResivoir_Bad_Mount.jpg

ResivoirMount.jpg

ResivourMount2.jpg

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Also got my new Rock Slide Engineering front bumper installed over the weekend along with my Warn EVO 10s winch. Still waiting on the fog light mounting kit to be able to fit the factory LED fogs from my plastic bumper that I removed. Also added the Warn Power Interrupter kit (wired up to Aux4). All of this install went fairly smooth. I saw a few people on this forum use a similar 90 degree angle bracket to mount their Power Interrupter kit so thank you for that! I had to buy a 4 foot one and cut it to size.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...-Plated-Offset-Slotted-Angle-801327/204225770

https://rockslideengineering.com/product/rigid-full-front-bumper-no-bullbar-with-winch-plate-2/

Jeep Wrangler JL Bruce's 2021 Snazzberry 2 Door Rubicon Winch-Bumper1

Jeep Wrangler JL Bruce's 2021 Snazzberry 2 Door Rubicon PowerInterrupter

Jeep Wrangler JL Bruce's 2021 Snazzberry 2 Door Rubicon Warn1

Jeep Wrangler JL Bruce's 2021 Snazzberry 2 Door Rubicon Bumper2
Sponsored