First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
So just to follow up, dealership says the boot was damaged. Possibly due to tie down from shipping, but that was just a guess on their part.

Good news is they located a part kit and it should be here Tuesday!

Brought it back home to throw some mods on over the weekend. 😀

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
So just to follow up, dealership says the boot was damaged. Possibly due to tie down from shipping, but that was just a guess on their part.

Good news is they located a part kit and it should be here Tuesday!

Brought it back home to throw some mods on over the weekend. 😀
Did they check to ensure that there was enough grease inside the boot? On regular cars, the cv joint will be damaged if the grease runs low. The grease provides a lubricant that prevents the metal parts from rubbing against each other.

I am assuming it would work the same way here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gnomad

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
Did they check to ensure that there was enough grease inside the boot? On regular cars, the cv joint will be damaged if the grease runs low. The grease provides a lubricant that prevents the metal parts from rubbing against each other.

I am assuming it would work the same way here.
They recommended that I just leave it, but weren’t against me driving it home 5 miles so I could add parts over the weekend. 🤞 Hard to not take it out for a joyride!

x10flux

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JL Rubi
Any JLU with the upgraded auto 4WD will have CV in the front. My Moab has them. The seem to be sealed really well. Once they go out I will be slapping some RCV's in the axle :)
Upgraded??

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
CVs come in all ranges of quality and strength. RCVs are known for being extremely durable, more so than the holy U-Joints of the inter web forums. The 392 hasn’t been out long enough to get a feel for the strength of the stock CVs.

I’ve broken stock CVs in RZRs under relatively light conditions and I’ve abused the crap out of premium CVs on RZRs that never skipped a beat. The CVs should withstand water crossings far better than your differentials unless the vent lines have valves or are run higher than your intake. I drove RZRs in East Texas mud and water 4-5ft deep pretty regularly and water contamination in the CVs was never a problem.

I’m going to use the stock CVs in my 392 without worry until there is a reason to worry either from personal experience or shared experience here in the forums. If they ever happen to break I’ll upgrade to some RCVs and move on.

Sponsored

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Upgraded??
Not sure what the question is. There was an option on the Sahara Rubicon to have an T-Case with an auto 4wd option. If selected you got CV shafts in the front axel. The MOAB trim line came with the option.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I was thinking of trading in my Jeep and upgrading to a 392. Even went to a dealer, MSRP they said
Now CV joints and transfer case from a Jeep Liberty, are you kidding me, seems like a hodgepodge Jeep
Maybe a 5.7 will work in a Willys

Reactions: 469

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Congrats on the new 392! Learned a lot about it in this thread. I read with interest the article detailing what all went into making the 392.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maint...details-that-make-jeeps-wrangler-rubicon-392/

In regard to the 392 not having 2WD, I loved the comment:
"It is therefore entirely possible that some lunatic will find a way of adding a 2WD mode to the Rubicon 392 for the sake of doing burnouts. Praise be!". Anyone working on this?

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new 392! Learned a lot about it in this thread. I read with interest the article detailing what all went into making the 392.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maint...details-that-make-jeeps-wrangler-rubicon-392/

In regard to the 392 not having 2WD, I loved the comment:
"It is therefore entirely possible that some lunatic will find a way of adding a 2WD mode to the Rubicon 392 for the sake of doing burnouts. Praise be!". Anyone working on this?

Tazer

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait a minute, CV joints, is that a Bronco?
Sponsored