Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Came across something interesting as I whipped my lil’ Jeep into the Fairfield parking lot. There were about ten Ford Broncos parked. Not a big deal, probably an off road club looking for fun at the Bridgeport BOH trail I figured. Then I saw the matching steering wheel boots in all of them. I drove around the backside of the vehicles and noticed they were all from Michigan. They all had numbers on the front and rear glass as well.

The next morning, they were coordinating their departure so I did a quick chat with the guy who was directing everyone. They were indeed doing “test & tune” with various parts and configurations. Data logs from each Bronco taking the same path would be compared with the ”best” result identified by vehicle number. To keep from preconceived bias, none of the drivers knows which vehicle has the stock part, cheapest part, most exotic part or placebo part. A proof of concept data point is based on which data logger shows the most desired result.

I thought it was interesting and worth sharing. One of the variations that caught my eye were the tires which kind of implies something in the drivetrain or steering was one of the things under review.
Jeep Wrangler JL Broncos Test & Tune @ Bridgeport OHV Texas 365E3288-7191-4F32-BF1C-82878965887D

Jeep Wrangler JL Broncos Test & Tune @ Bridgeport OHV Texas 0EEDF496-4F4B-4CAD-9DE5-AF449FAA65A0

Jeep Wrangler JL Broncos Test & Tune @ Bridgeport OHV Texas E2E77555-5858-4BAE-950B-951E01591A08
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I hope you spray painted Honky Lips on all the rear passenger fenders.

20220130_185747.jpg