Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Ford just posted a video on the Aux switch wiring in the Bronco.

Flat out brilliant.

Someone also made a diagram to explain it a little more technically.

AF2B2328-49D1-4370-93B8-209FBA6A76F9.jpeg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I'm all for gas, diesel, electric make them all, let people decide what to buy. But one thing that pisses me off are these "tax credits" since when do we tax payers need to help subsidize someones purchase, kill them all off. You want electric and its $10G more you fork it out of your pocket not mine.
fossil fuels are also heavily subsidized.

Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
So true and few people recognize that! Something like $100 billion in tax revenue each year go to support fossil fuel industry not to mention taxes that go to building roads which are made from fossil fuel mining.

fossil fuels are also heavily subsidized.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm all for gas, diesel, electric make them all, let people decide what to buy. But one thing that pisses me off are these "tax credits" since when do we tax payers need to help subsidize someones purchase, kill them all off. You want electric and its $10G more you fork it out of your pocket not mine.
Shane: your idea would not only be fine, but ideal in a world where the true costs of each of these fuels was properly charged to the public.

They are not. As you point out there are subsidies for those who adopt green tech, and no less important liquid fuel prices at the pumps that are far, far too cheap as a product of not factoring in the pollution they cause, and the cost to remediate it. I'm not saying this as the heartless arm chair warrior who fails to appreciate that families were barely affording their transportation before, let alone after COVID, but as an economic and environmental reality.

In a world where the cost to the planet was correctly allocated to all energy solutions--and solar/batteries and creation of this tech is by no means without its carbon footprint, a pricing scheme which no way exists now, then, I agree, your way is best.

And I appreciate any retort that you may have that sounds like, "okay, maybe liquid fuel is under priced, but how's about all those solar subsidies I mentioned." Here's the answer to that.

The world's scientist: the same ones whose researched is funded by environmentalists and the oil industry alike has unprecedented consensus that we need to get off carbon based fuels. The taxes we pay to incentivize solar are part of getting the cost down for everyone as economies of scale kick in (the idea that mass production and innovation occur, lowering prices, when demand is incentivized.)

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Shane: your idea would not only be fine, but ideal in a world where the true costs of each of these fuels was properly charged to the public.

They are not. As you point out there are subsidies for those who adopt green tech, and no less important liquid fuel prices at the pumps that are far, far too cheap as a product of not factoring in the pollution they cause, and the cost to remediate it. I'm not saying this as the heartless arm chair warrior who fails to appreciate that families were barely affording their transportation before, let alone after COVID, but as an economic and environmental reality.

In a world where the cost to the planet was correctly allocated to all energy solutions--and solar/batteries and creation of this tech is by no means without its carbon footprint, a pricing scheme which no way exists now, then, I agree, your way is best.

And I appreciate any retort that you may have that sounds like, "okay, maybe liquid fuel is under priced, but how's about all those solar subsidies I mentioned." Here's the answer to that.

The world's scientist: the same ones whose researched is funded by environmentalists and the oil industry alike has unprecedented consensus that we need to get off carbon based fuels. The taxes we pay to incentivize solar are part of getting the cost down for everyone as economies of scale kick in (the idea that mass production and innovation occur, lowering prices, when demand is incentivized.)
On topic: advantage Bronco for short doors being easier to take with you. Not sure what that means long term for sealing. I don't do hard tops and never use my soft top either so that had no input for my buying preference. It's a Florida thing...

Off topic, I agree the tax incentives "aren't fair" but taxes rarely are fair. Typically, they are applied to manipulate behavior. As a realist, however, I'm going to take advantage of the $7,500 credit and get back some if the money I've paid-in my whole life.

If you really want to pop a cork, think about this too: how do we pay for road repairs? Taxes. Yes, but more importantly, tax on fuel. With electric, you're also not paying your share of upkeep for roads. Not fair. I know, but I plan to exploit those loopholes while they still exist.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Maybe car and driver can do a suspension maintenance comparison Bronco vs wrangler. The ease of working on a straight axle over IFS. How the straight axle stays in alignment forever and the IFS does not. How axle joints last forever but CV boots do not. we are talking about off road 4x4’s here.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Maybe car and driver can do a suspension maintenance comparison Bronco vs wrangler. The ease of working on a straight axle over IFS. How the straight axle stays in alignment forever and the IFS does not. How axle joints last forever but CV boots do not. we are talking about off road 4x4’s here.
In the Northeast we have POTHOLES! Knocking Jeeps out of alignment since 1941!

Sponsored

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I love the look of the new Bronco. I am getting a new Wrangler, but if the timing was right I would definitely be considering a Bronco. My wife will be getting the smaller Bronco sport when her current lease runs out.

The wranglers are starting to be like VW Bugs, every 5th car I pass on the road seems to be one. Nice to have a new rugged designed vehicle to choose from. The competition is great and will force Jeep to up their game and maybe reduce some pricing since they won't have the monopoly on cool looking off road vehicles.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
he wranglers are starting to be like VW Bugs, every 5th car I pass on the road seems to be one.
Seriously, wranglers are all over the place now. That's what FCA (or whatever they're called now) wants, of course, but selfishly it makes me feel just like another person in the herd. Like those car commercials where they show the highways just full of the same vehicle.