danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
shit Ford hasn't even started building it that's a total CF on there behalf.....how to Fk up a new vehicle launch! Go check out the Bronco forum all they show is here's another great look of rapid red, or whatever...
80% of them won't even see a Bronco for another full year, if this gets into production by summer that would be a miracle!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
"it wasn't the first submitted" from your article. The pygmy was still a copy of Willys design, it's just the oldest surviving prototype as the Willys is long gone. Being a Ford it likely stopped running long before it could be worn out, thus it's survival.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_PAmerican Bantam was the first, both Ford and Willys followed up with their own designs. The final Jeep was a mix of all previous designs.

The Ford Pygmy was known for its headlights behind the grill.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_PAmerican Bantam was the first, both Ford and Willys followed up with their own designs. The final Jeep was a mix of all previous designs.

The Ford Pygmy was known for its headlights behind the grill.
Speaking of pygmies, if I was one of these soon to be Ford Bronco placeholders with all these delays... Right now, I'd be madder than a jungle pygmy that got hit in the head by a can of creamed corn during a food drop!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It is an option, and a good thing. I was just making a point that off-roading usually entails a dirty vehicle when done. Just something to consider prior to slapping the doors back on.
I often drive to the trail with my doors on, take them off at the trailhead, and bolt them back on before I leave.

I don't think I'm unique in that.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
if this gets into production by summer that would be a miracle!
Mass production of the Bronco begins March 29th. Shipments to dealers still likely won't happen until June or July for the earliest reservations, but production is starting soon.

Just providing the actual facts to go along with your hyperbole.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I often drive to the trail with my doors on, take them off at the trailhead, and bolt them back on before I leave.

I don't think I'm unique in that.
I guess it depends on the trail conditions then. I would not think it wise to slap doors onto a vehicle covered in mud for example. But that is my opinion, and I see it as a common sense approach.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Mass production of the Bronco begins March 29th. Shipments to dealers still likely won't happen until June or July for the earliest reservations, but production is starting soon.

Just providing the actual facts to go along with your hyperbole.
Weā€™re closer to the first Bronco deliveries than last thanksgiving to put it into perspective.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Weā€™re closer to the first Bronco deliveries than last thanksgiving to put it into perspective.
Yea, I mean, for people who are really looking forward to this and especially those that have reservations, it's gonna feel like forever. But for those who just keep going about their lives, you're gonna start seeing them on roads sooner than you think. I can't wait to see them and hear about them, but I'm in no rush. Most of us have bigger problems right now.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I think the point is, taking reservations a year before the 1st delivers is pathetic. Calling a vehicle that doesn't hit the 1st dealers until July a 2021 is just sad, it will likely be within weeks of the 1st 2022 models hitting other dealers. Bronco "launched" before the trx and won't actually be sold/delivered for at least 6 months after? Ford dropped the ball big time, and the Covid excuse doesn't hold water when other companies still managed with reasonable delays.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Very true. And let's not forget that the original Bronco was developed / produced copying the original Jeep CJ to give Ford it's own slice of the pie.
It's not relly copy of competition if you helped design original WW2 jeep.

Engineers working for Bantam, Willys, and Ford all contributed to the vehicle that won the U.S. military contract. Willys wasn't the only company that assembled jeeps for WWII, eitherā€”far from it. Ford built more than 300,000 GPW military jeeps in all, which amounted to roughly half of all jeeps built for WWII.

Ford built Jeeps into late 60s.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
It's not relly copy of competition if you helped design original WW2 jeep.

Engineers working for Bantam, Willys, and Ford all contributed to the vehicle that won the U.S. military contract. Willys wasn't the only company that assembled jeeps for WWII, eitherā€”far from it. Ford built more than 300,000 GPW military jeeps in all, which amounted to roughly half of all jeeps built for WWII.

Ford built Jeeps into late 60s.
As far as I know, gpw production ended in 1945. Willys pursued the rights and began civilian cj-2A production after the war. Unless my information is incorrect, ford hasn't built a "jeep" or gpw since the 40's

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
There is this bad flu-like sickness going around shutting down factories, perhaps you've read about itā€¦
Yes, but the shutdowns were production related, not design. They're going to now launch during skyrocketing gas prices while their competitor is launching the 4xE plug-in hybrid.
Sponsored