Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
You're actually making me think about a Bronco after ordering my 4xe and getting diluted specs today versus what was promised. I'm going to check out a build and look at lead time. I'm in no hurry, have 4 other vehicles.
It’s like late 2022 to get one

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
What folks won’t tell you is that a) they really won’t mind if this new Bronco gets scuffed on trails and b) they’ll probably own a version of this new Bronco as well as the Wrangler.
I would be into having both

Francis405

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6

That you can remove the fenders easily is pretty interesting. Bronco is definitely looking like real competition.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Lots of people think that but I think that it’s because of that meme of a render that was going around, not even the real thing. It’s pretty clear it’s styled after the OG Bronco.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 1614921879942
The OG Bronco looks really meh compared to the OG jeep. If I was driving an old willys or an old CJ I would feel pretty badass, on my way to pick up some gals. If I was driving that old Bronco, Id feel like a grandpa on my way to the farm to pick up some raw milk and fresh eggs.

Thats why Jeeps will always look cooler, and that new Bronco will look more like a lego toy in a few years than it does today.

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!

That you can remove the fenders easily is pretty interesting. Bronco is definitely looking like real competition.
So i have an issue with the whole "Bronco is better because you can take off your fenders at the trail." argument. I saw a video yesterday and the dude was saying that this was a great feature because you could remove the fender flares really quickly and easily so that you can fit into tighter trails...... but yet the tires are equally as wide as the fender flares as well as the mirrors and bumpers..... so how is that useful at all?

It is very cool in terms of modification and body damage repair though, just not trail work.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
All the people that want to remove the doors at the trail, store them in the back and run trails all day, then place the doors back on after.

Are you bringing a wash kit with you to remove all the dust, sand, dirt, mud and other debris from the exposed door openings prior to installing the doors again? Not like the openings will be pristine and you can just slap the clean door back on.

Just something to consider...

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Are you bringing a wash kit with you to remove all the dust, sand, dirt, mud and other debris from the exposed door openings prior to installing the doors again? Not like the openings will be pristine and you can just slap the clean door back on.

Just something to consider...
Sure, but the option is still there for people who would want to do that. How is having the option to put the doors in the back possibly a bad thing? Only the internet would try to spin it that way lol

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Sure, but the option is still there for people who would want to do that. How is having the option to put the doors in the back possibly a bad thing? Only the internet would try to spin it that way lol
Yeah. I agree. It's not like you have to store your doors in the back. It's just an option.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
It is an option, and a good thing. I was just making a point that off-roading usually entails a dirty vehicle when done. Just something to consider prior to slapping the doors back on.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
People talking about the body mounted mirrors folding for tight trails, the problem is even without the mirrors the bronco body is wide by comparison. Sure the overall widths are similar, but the bronco sheet metal is basically track width. The narrow body is one of the things that makes the wrangler great off road. Yes, our fenders are wide due to regulations, but aftermarket/ removable fenders make tight trails a breeze and the tire stick out helps keep the body off trees and rocks. I see a lot of body damage when (maybe if at this point) broncos start following wranglers through trails.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
When the novelty wears off with the "new" Bronco, my prediction is Jeep will always be on top. The styling is like no other vehicle, and its been tried on all terrain. I like the looks of the Bronco, but love the looks of the Wrangler. This production may be a good push to FCA to improve on some items and possibly add some nice features to the Wrangler. Those who are part of the new production car just because they want to be different group, I would love to hear their reviews after a few years.
Sponsored