Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
2 door JL’s are definitely not that common. I see them occasionally but the 10:1 take rate is probably about right.
I see them all the time. At least 3 or 4 on the street and surrounding streets I live on, actually. We know that 4 doors outsell them by a mile.
It's more like 100:1 in my area. I've only encountered about five other 2-door JLs. There are so few, I actually recognize all of them.
Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Apparently you can store all the doors and roof panels in the back of the Bronco, which is a huge plus for me. Mirror attached to the body is a no-brainer.

And it seems like removing doors and panels are easier on the Bronco as well.

As someone who lives in a condo. I don't want to deal with hoists and lifts, and I don't want to deal with door hangers. This is a huge turn-off and the only reason restricting me from taking off my hardtop and doors on my JL.
1614883011749.png

1614883101255.png

1614883309444.png
I Dont think I want to drive around with all that in the back of my vehicle.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It's more like 100:1 in my area. I've only encountered about five other 2-door JLs. There are so few, I actually recognize all of them.
Well, someone said the sell rate is about 10:1, so there you have it..

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
i found a 2dr i liked. but it took several evenings of going from the Jeep.com site searches which let you "view on dealer's website" . my favorite dealer had only two 2drs in stock and they were not even close to what i wanted. (originally i wanted a willys, as i owned one previously. not a willys sport). i don't think there was a 2dr willys within 200 miles of me. the good news: i ended up with a rubicon with the sound and towing and electrical as i wanted. :)

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Seriously, wranglers are all over the place now. That's what FCA (or whatever they're called now) wants, of course, but selfishly it makes me feel just like another person in the herd. Like those car commercials where they show the highways just full of the same vehicle.
I hear you.

And I respond, unlike those commercials, "then make it your own."

Customize it to be your vision of what a Wrangler should be.

No offense Toyota, but you can't do that with a Camry.

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
IMHO Ford did a great job on the Bronco design wise, but on paper it seems to have less drivers seat room, for me the JLU is ALREADY too small inside compared to my JK. Any less would just not cut it. I had to modify my JLU seat on day 1 as it was.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you.

And I respond, unlike those commercials, "then make it your own."

Customize it to be your vision of what a Wrangler should be.

No offense Toyota, but you can't do that with a Camry.
My sentiment exactly. Roughly 75% of the many wranglers I see in my travels are at least lightly modified. Couple that to having a plethora of parts and accessories to choose from, and the result is that most of them hold your attention to see what they've done. Yes, we're rapidly growing in numbers, but I wouldn't equate Jeeps to Nissan Rogues.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Apparently you can store all the doors and roof panels in the back of the Bronco, which is a huge plus for me. Mirror attached to the body is a no-brainer.

And it seems like removing doors and panels are easier on the Bronco as well.

As someone who lives in a condo. I don't want to deal with hoists and lifts, and I don't want to deal with door hangers. This is a huge turn-off and the only reason restricting me from taking off my hardtop and doors on my JL.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 6b96bd343c9757bf2331f0fc7ff80601

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 6b96bd343c9757bf2331f0fc7ff80601

Looks like it would be impossible to see anything out of the rear view mirror with the panels in the back.

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, this wouldn't exactly be a selling point for me. I have no desire to lug my doors around, no matter how light they are or easy to remove.
If the panels are pretty light, it would be easier for somebody to steal them out of the back. But most people probably do not know how much they weigh, but I bet they are expensive.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it's a marketing gimmick because it's a marketing gimmick. It's as much of a marketing gimmick as the Wrangler's folding windshield that virtually nobody uses. And it's fine; I don't blame them for doing it. But there's theory vs. application and I doubt we'll see the majority of Bronco owners carrying doors around.
If it is a good idea and people like it, why wouldn't you copy it for your vehicle.
Sponsored