Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 708 61.0%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 237 20.4%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 110 9.5%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 105 9.1%

• Total voters

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
Going to wait until Wranglers mid-cycle refresh time do anything but if there aren’t some major innovations added, a visit to the Ford dealer will be in order.
When do u think the mid cycle refresh will happen?

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
IDK, but I think when my JLU lease is up, this is going to give me a HUGE advantage if I decide to haggle for my 2dr willy.
I don't play for any team.
I like both the JL and the new 2dr Bronco

Competitive options are good for us, maybe dealers will be more willing to go 8% under invoice if there is a good competitor
IFS doesn't bother me at all, unless you need flex for rock crawling, which most people don't.

It comes down to this
If you want a Rock crawler with massive flex your going to go with a jeep.
If your a DD, trail rider, IFS is actually better.

Both to me look awesome, both can go topless/doorless, and both can do the off roading I like to do.

Finally something that doesn't piss me off in 2020
LIKE TIMES 1000....For the last line of your comment!!!

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I've been a Jeep guy for 30 years, but I'm definitely going to have a look at this new Bronco when the time comes for a new 4x4. I love the styling of the 2-door Bronco. I could definitely picture myself in that!
2021-Ford-Bronco-2-Door-exterior-11.jpg

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
We have to see pricing and durability. If they break half shafts in rocks then it's just another smaller, cooler (dare I say) Ford Raptor. I want one, not going to lie, but we have 2 years before we see what they really are.

Thill444

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
People need to understand timing. Assuming no other delays due to Covid, union strikes, parts shortages, etc you won't get one of these for a long time as it is. Let's say about a year. Then you have to actually get your hands on one. There will likely be a supply and demand issue for at least a year and Ford dealers love to charge dealer markup on in demand vehicles.

And then you have an all new platform with tons of unknowns. What will break. How is the quality. Etc.

For me, I don't see even considering trading in my JL for one of these an option for at least 2 years.

I want to see how these things hold up on real trails and in the real world.

Thill444

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Anyone hoping to test drive one of these Bronco's anytime soon has a long wait unless they either have connections with Ford or have a friend who is getting one of the initial orders. I am guessing we are a good 18-24 months away from dealers having unsold stock that they can allow test drives on.

cbrenthus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I forgot to mention in my other post that I also don't like the push button 4WD.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2021 Jeep Willys 2020 Defende
Vehicle Showcase
This.

Why does it have to be an either-or proposition?

Barring it being horrifyingly different when I actually get to see one in person, I’ll likely get a 2 door to sit beside my JLR.
That's my exact plan, just put deposit down on a spot for a 2 door to park next to the JLURR!

DrJoeSchmoe

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
People need to understand timing. Assuming no other delays due to Covid, union strikes, parts shortages, etc you won't get one of these for a long time as it is. Let's say about a year. Then you have to actually get your hands on one. There will likely be a supply and demand issue for at least a year and Ford dealers love to charge dealer markup on in demand vehicles.

And then you have an all new platform with tons of unknowns. What will break. How is the quality. Etc.

For me, I don't see even considering trading in my JL for one of these an option for at least 2 years.

I want to see how these things hold up on real trails and in the real world.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to hate on the new Bronco. In fact, I think it's really cool, but I won't be getting one when they first come out. Down the road? Who knows...

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
somebody had mentioned the proportions appearing off, too much body, and I never saw it till this picture.

can this guy even see over the dash?
The first thing I thought was 'how's he going to do any serious offroad with that seating'??

That's mom's mini-van bucket seat angle.

entropy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Scientist
All of the practical features of the Bronco are so nice. I've read somewhere with the 2D the backseat is 50/50 fold. I mean really, Jeep has NEVER solved that with the 2D, the way the seat is pushed forward on the 2D sucks. Wrangler has had no serious competition for too long. I am not switching teams, but Ford put so much thought into the details.

Sorry but FCA deserves this, so much. All of these features we have asked for, and FCA has always been like "sorry, not sorry". Well guess what, cutting costs for not making the 2D as practical as it should be is gonna bite them back. So many people are gonna buy the 2D Bronco, because they actually made it practical. I feel like since the introduction of the school bus JKU Jeep has been slacking so much on the 2D it almost feels as if they don't even want it to be in the market anymore. I was stranded once because of the worst front seat release system I have ever seen in a 2 door vehicle, as well as other jeep owners, because they put the worst pos piece of tiny plastic, cheapest material they could ever find as the "memory" mechanism for the release. The piece breaks with like 1lb of force and it gets stuck in the rails.

2 doors not being practical is an excuse. I do not want to drive a school bus. Good job Ford, the 2 door Bronco is legit awesome. It is fugly, but it is awesome. I have a baby coming next year, and in a few years, when I get rid of my 2D I was thinking I was gonna have no choice but a 4D. I am rethinking that now, I hope Jeep steps up and in about 5 to 7 years from now we have a better 2D option.

If the Bronco proves to be reliable, actually offroad capable, and Jeep doesn't solve their 2D issues. I would rather drive an ugly 2D Bronco than a 4D jeep.

Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement