Sponsored

Bronco reservation to JLURXR order holder.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Welcome to the Dark Side :)

No I have only seen one Bronco for sale up here just yesterday and it was a badlands for 70k dollars so never seen one. They are like Unicorns.

For 70k I am getting 392 Rubicon! :)
There is a reason they call it “Sasquatch”!!!!!
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Hey, I’ve always wanted a JEEP but, have lifetime Ford fanboy so, I reserved and ordered a Bronco Badlands Sasquatch as soon as I could. I’ve had money down on that Bronco for over a year and still no end in sight with all of the issues that are springing up. Ford even admitted that there was a possibility that I would get mine in 2023 even though I ordered a 2021. So, I went to my Ford dealership and asked for my money back and to my surprise there was no fight to get it back! I immediately went next door to my local FCA dealer and now have a 2022 JLURXR on order that I’m more confident in getting. I had sat in one and was impressed on the simplicity but in a good way. I actually enjoyed the dealership experience at FCA and am ready for my JL to get here! I’m ready for my new camping and weekend warrior rig to get built!

Doe anyone either know or are the one coming from Bronco?
Sort of the same deal, I had a July reservation for a Badlands but was getting tired of Ford messing up. Went and bought my Rubicon, had it delivered to my door. Couldn't be happier. I still have the Bronco reservation, in fact Ford emailed me last week about 2022 ordering. Debating if I should get that too in two door with a 2.7 and hard top SAS :)

Threedog

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (D)
For some reason, Ford made the Bronco line an order only model. That was the plan even before the covid thing hit. The chip shortage just made things worse. My local dealer wouldn't even take an order for a Bronco for my wife. We stopped by talked to him, he even had a demo she drove. When it came down to placing the order, he just wasn't interested. Not sure why he wasted his time and ours with a demo drive. Wound up at the Jeep dealership and placed an order for Wrangler Ultimate with the diesel.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Yep, I ditched my Bronco reservation with the same story. No Bronco till 2023. But, not having much more luck with Jeep. Ordered 06/23 with possible build date of 11/08. So hold on for the ride!!! Jeep is still screwing some people with no rhyme or reason. Good Luck!!!

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I've owned many Fords over the years. I've wanted a Bronco since they first confirmed the return. With that being said this rollout has been a disaster. And isn't getting any better. Parts shortages, major quality issues, outlandish dealer ADMS. And now some smaller dealers who offered below invoice that got many reservations being shorted on their yearly allocations.

I just cancelled my order this week and ordered a Willys XR. I may revisit the Bronco when they do the mid cycle refresh in 2024. Then again I might not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kansasboy91

kansasboy91

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Still kinda wanted the diesel but, I don’t really want to deal with it when it’s negative 10 out or my wife getting confused at the pump.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
I did the same thing. Money down. My issue was with how ford was donating money. I pulled my money right after and bought my diesel ‘21. The constant delays only helped make my decision more clear.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
The Bronco roll out is an unqualified disaster. I saw it coming from the beginning and really didn't want a first year new model from anybody. It even took Ford 16+ weeks to deliver on the super duty I ordered. I bailed on that order, found one on the lot and have 5000 miles on it already, the ordered truck still isn't at the dealer. Jeep by contrast cranked out our ordered JLR in 8 weeks order till pick up which was awesome. It will likely get replaced by a Bronco in a few years IF they can get their act together because I like it quite a bit better but this first run with all the delays definitely wasn't going to work.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I got lucky. I received my AMB Badlands VIN with the last the batch of 21 builds.
If I had not gotten the vin, I would have ordered a new Rubi 2dr 4.88 stick. Ford has been an unending disaster for the past 5 years or more.

There will be many more buying the JL as they wait or cancel their Bronco order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Yeah, so I really liked the Bronco when it came out, I've had only 3 cars a '89 XJ, '93 Toyo Pickup, and my current '07 JKU. I love my Jeep, but grabbed a reservation anyways for a Badlands. I was late to the game (March 2021) but......basically I've heard nothing, and my dealer is a small market dealer in SC and I serious doubt based on the allocation model they will be able to fill my order in '22.

They have no idea themselves even after all of the updated info on switching orders to '22. I ordered a JLR from Gupton instead. Ironically, my neighbor got one last weekend, I'm not impressed after looking at some of the fit and finish. That and with the delivery, MIC issues, I'm sticking with Jeep, my JKU has been absolutely rock solid.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I’ve always wanted a JEEP but, have lifetime Ford fanboy so, I reserved and ordered a Bronco Badlands Sasquatch as soon as I could. I’ve had money down on that Bronco for over a year and still no end in sight with all of the issues that are springing up. Ford even admitted that there was a possibility that I would get mine in 2023 even though I ordered a 2021. So, I went to my Ford dealership and asked for my money back and to my surprise there was no fight to get it back! I immediately went next door to my local FCA dealer and now have a 2022 JLURXR on order that I’m more confident in getting. I had sat in one and was impressed on the simplicity but in a good way. I actually enjoyed the dealership experience at FCA and am ready for my JL to get here! I’m ready for my new camping and weekend warrior rig to get built!

Doe anyone either know or are the one coming from Bronco?
That makes yours a XBRHJLURXR: Ex-Bronco Reservation Holder JLURXR order. 😫

Jim Farley has done a magnificent job converting many life-long Ford fans into first-time Jeep owners.

Welcome to the light!

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I got lucky. I received my AMB Badlands VIN with the last the batch of 21 builds.
If I had not gotten the vin, I would have ordered a new Rubi 2dr 4.88 stick. Ford has been an unending disaster for the past 5 years or more.

There will be many more buying the JL as they wait or cancel their Bronco order.
Don’t count yourself lucky until you see it. There are plenty more folks in “The Run-Arounds” crowd than I. One guy had a VIN and build date changed 14x. To call that “mis-management” is the understatement of the year. They literally have no f*cking idea what they’re doing over there.
CC1C8DB4-A471-4A6C-A592-96B6B0B6EE1A.png

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Yeah, so I really liked the Bronco when it came out, I've had only 3 cars a '89 XJ, '93 Toyo Pickup, and my current '07 JKU. I love my Jeep, but grabbed a reservation anyways for a Badlands. I was late to the game (March 2021) but......basically I've heard nothing, and my dealer is a small market dealer in SC and I serious doubt based on the allocation model they will be able to fill my order in '22.

They have no idea themselves even after all of the updated info on switching orders to '22. I ordered a JLR from Gupton instead. Ironically, my neighbor got one last weekend, I'm not impressed after looking at some of the fit and finish. That and with the delivery, MIC issues, I'm sticking with Jeep, my JKU has been absolutely rock solid.
Your neighbour got a Bronco, you mean? I have seen a few out here too. The soft tops look abominable and the only MIC tops I have seen were pre the retooling at Webasto. The honeycomb cardboard was quite visible through the thin plastic skin.
Sponsored